• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

An-Cap Frog

Don't forget duck and dog. They did everything they could to make the PAC fail after USC&UCLA left. Just to make half what Indiana makes with a lot more travel.

How many power conference teams are there now? B1G 18, SEC 16, ACC 14 & BIG12 16= 64 +ND. When the ACC blows up there will only be 6-8 teams picked up by the Big3. That leaves 6-8 teams for the AAC. Then only 56-58 Big3 teams + ND in power leagues.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Limey Frog

“Pre-approving” isn’t really correct. It was discussed and the commish was green lit to explore and come back with a recommendation to the executive committee if he finds something that makes sense.
I can live with Gonzaga and U Conn as basketball-only. I don't love the idea but Yormark has earned the right to try this, I suppose.

Bruce Berry

Ah geez!

Put a cork in it and wait for the fourth indictment.

Great minds, ideas, grads, athletes, scholars, and politics came out of liberal arts universities including Cal and Stanford.

University means universal thoughts.

We have traded our “right to reason“ for a red or blue colored tie.

"Universal thoughts" at the Stanford law School? Too funny.

You should illuminate Judge Duncan and then stop talking.

fanatical frog

How many power conference teams are there now? B1G 18, SEC 16, ACC 14 & BIG12 16= 64 +ND. When the ACC blows up there will only be 6-8 teams picked up by the Big3. That leaves 6-8 teams for the AAC. Then only 56-58 Big3 teams + ND in power leagues.
I can't imagine BY passing on Duke if they're available when it comes our turn to pick and all of Pitt/ Louisville/ Syracuse/ Virginia Tech and maybe Georgia Tech would make the short list.

HG73

I can't imagine BY passing on Duke if they're available when it comes our turn to pick and all of Pitt/ Louisville/ Syracuse/ Virginia Tech and maybe Georgia Tech would make the short list.
Why throw any of those teams a lifeline except VT. Take VT&NCSU if available, pass on the rest. Let them be in the same conference as smu, tulane and Memphis.

“Pre-approving” isn’t really correct. It was discussed and the commish was green lit to explore and come back with a recommendation to the executive committee if he finds something that makes sense.
Priority #1 is making basketball only work for two schools, which he’s been all but told he must do (vs full membership). I think that might be a tough road. There are other full member possibilities that could happen, but we will see what develops.

froginaustin

LMAO at the irony of "universal thought" and "red and blue ties" coming from a guy who led off his post on a sports forum with a jab at Donald Trump.

Which of these two statements is true (and yes, one of them is 100% true)....

1) BYU and Baylor refuse to be in the same conference as Cal and Stanford because of their ideology.

2) Cal and Stanford refuse to be in the same conference as BYU and Baylor because of their ideology.

Now tell me who the problem is.
Too bad neither statement is 100% true.
Exaggeration screws with many an argument.

NORMLFROG

It’s really disheartening to see the vitriol being thrown out by some posters to the original four expansion members. Our conference would have never been able to do the most recent expansion without the original invitations. The arrogance of some of y’all exceed UT or UU. Remove the beam before pointing out the speck.

This conference is gonna be deep and full of healthy sports hate and guess what? It’s gonna have healthy viewership.

Please lose the prick attitude and be grateful for good conference leadership. We’re in a good place!

NF

CountryFrog

If this is all about cfb sure they’re better. But they’re all spare as can be. One just happens to be a top 10 university in the world. Not something I’m opposed to to be associated with. But I’m an elitist that went to a school now charging $60K a year.

I get it’s all about FOotBaLl but whatever. In 5 years none of it will matter. So scheiss it take UCONN
You sound like a Utah fan who wanted to be associated with Cal and Stanford above all else no matter how far down those schools (along with OrSt & WaSt) dragged the conference athletically.

You can have your own personal preferences about all these schools obviously but in the real world none of that academic [ Finebaum ] actually matters. The Big Ten talks about academics to no end with their nose dragging across the ceiling as they walk. But they just chose Oregon and Washington over Cal and Stanford because despite all the talk they don't actually give a scheiss about academics.

fanatical frog

It’s really disheartening to see the vitriol being thrown out by some posters to the original four expansion members. Our conference would have never been able to do the most recent expansion without the original invitations. The arrogance of some of y’all exceed UT or UU. Remove the beam before pointing out the speck.

This conference is gonna be deep and full of healthy sports hate and guess what? It’s gonna have healthy viewership.

Please lose the prick attitude and be grateful for good conference leadership. We’re in a good place!

NF
Absolutely. The B12 now has 16 teams and if we are to survive the next round of realignment we need to have all 16 schools and fan bases with their oars in the water and rowing in unison.