• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Endless Purple

One thing I have not seen discussed is the autonomous conference aspect. There are 5 autonomous conferences with voting powers right now. If the PAC dissolves, that leaves 4. If the ACC gets torn apart, that leaves 3. Two of those remaining are the B1G and SEC who will have a large monetary advantage then cap that with a voting advantage, how does that affect college football?

Right now they are only 2 of 5 so they cannot fully vote in rules that can leverage their significant revenue disparity.

Eight

One thing I have not seen discussed is the autonomous conference aspect. There are 5 autonomous conferences with voting powers right now. If the PAC dissolves, that leaves 4. If the ACC gets torn apart, that leaves 3. Two of those remaining are the B1G and SEC who will have a large monetary advantage then cap that with a voting advantage, how does that affect college football?

Right now they are only 2 of 5 so they cannot fully vote in rules that can leverage their significant revenue disparity.

yet they somehow worked around those rules be it scholarship limitations or the transfer portal, heck the playoff didn't expand until they wanted it

fanatical frog

this right here, if there was ever a reason that no one could argue with about scheissing stanford over and leaving them to die a slow, painful death of athletic isolation and desperation it is that arrogant prick rod gilmore
I interrupt this regularly scheduled post to award a second LIKE.

East Coast

Tier 1
I believe the Rose bowl contract would be over by the time a new team can join. The Rose Bowl will move to a different conference.

The PAC will no longer be P5.
The Rose Bowl will be a playoff bowl every year. There may be a weak conference link, but it is not guaranteed.

Palliative Care

Weird! The Apple deal expires tomorrow and the commissioner just gave the schools the details this week? Did I get that wrong or is this something the schools knew about before this week?

Weird! The Apple deal expires tomorrow and the commissioner just gave the schools the details this week? Did I get that wrong or is this something the schools knew about before this week?
Apple folks, famously tight-lipped, made it known they weren't happy about the accelerated timetable nor the deal terms being leaked (in part). I'm not sure this is a deadline as much as it is a withdrawal (my intuition).

82 Frog Fever

The B10 appears to have made a business decision yesterday to not go beyond 18 teams.
They hold FSU & ND as their 2 must haves, so do not want to go to 20 at this time due to future additional teams also being on their shopping list. The B10 is planning 5 to 7 years out.

The B1G is in this for a very quick deal and a quick out.
Oregon & Wash may be announced tomorrow as 50% members of the B1G.

At this time, it looks like Stanford, Cal, OSU, & WSU will be on the outside looking in.

UA, ASU, & UU are currently in, with UU being the weakest link.
Harlan, UU’s AD, still wants to stay in the PAC.
I don’t believe UU will change their mind and screw this up, but it’s possible.
If UU changes their mind, ASU could re-think.
Michael Crow, Pres. of ASU, may be the biggest idiot in the PAC.

The AZ schools are meeting at 6 tonite, by 6:15 they will be in Exec Session with no public meeting required. This is a critical meeting, with both AZ. schools that could lock this up.
Washington is at 8:00. UU has nothing scheduled, & Idk about Oregon.

Similar to the B1G, we need to close this out quickly and leave.
That could also happen as soon as tomorrow. The B12 wants to announce all 3 at once for maximum impact.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The B10 appears to have made a business decision yesterday to not go beyond 18 teams.
They hold FSU & ND as their 2 must haves, so do not want to go to 20 at this time due to future additional teams also being on their shopping list. The B10 is planning 5 to 7 years out.

The B1G is in this for a very quick deal and a quick out.
Oregon & Wash may be announced tomorrow as 50% members of the B1G.

At this time, it looks like Stanford, Cal, OSU, & WSU will be on the outside looking in.

UA, ASU, & UU are currently in, with UU being the weakest link.
Harlan, UU’s AD, still wants to stay in the PAC.
I don’t believe UU will change their mind and screw this up, but it’s possible.
If UU changes their mind, ASU could re-think.
Michael Crow, Pres. of ASU, may be the biggest idiot in the PAC.

The AZ schools are meeting at 6 tonite, by 6:15 they will be in Exec Session with no public meeting required. This is a critical meeting, with both AZ. schools that could lock this up.
Washington is at 8:00. UU has nothing scheduled, & Idk about Oregon.

Similar to the B1G, we need to close this out quickly and leave.
That could also happen as soon as tomorrow. The B12 wants to announce all 3 at once for maximum impact.

If any of those idiots keep their schools from accepting the Big12 invite they should be immediately fired and replaced with someone with a brain. What's their alternative? Accept a crappy Apple media rights deal and move forward with 5-6 leftovers, trying to backfill teams with exit fees?

FineEnlightenedBird-max-1mb.gif

Palliative Care

The world it’s a changing Bub. You can sit and dither or you can jump into fray. If you choose to dither, well bye and good luck with that. We don’t have to take your buns. You just go on and bite into that there apple and that will be fine. Be sure to watch us on the real TV coast to coast every Saturday all day long.