• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

06DallasFrog

The Big10 and SEC are good enough that adding “good programs” in their current market area doesn’t make sense around what is remaining. They are more interested in market expansion. Clemson and FSU are more likely Big10 targets. SEC is more likely to target large public schools in new regions of the ACC like UNC and Virginia.
I've been wondering for a long time why Virginia didn't get more pub as an expansion target.

Frozen Frog

I don’t think a full streaming deal is bad if you can sell your streaming to additional providers. The problem is people are tired of paying a premium price for a product when they have other options. I have subscriptions I don’t fully use, and I’ve pared some down. I haven’t missed Bally like I thought I would. If Bally were available on another service that I have a subscription to I’d watch it. I think Apple would need the same thing. That’s not in their streaming model which hurts.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Perhaps what GK is selling is early adoption of new tech. If streaming is the future, and linear is dead man walking, perhaps he is saying that the PAC will be able to take full advantage of the streaming platforms in the coming years.

Hmm. It all sounds good I guess but will there really be much of a learning curve? And if so won’t the big conferences just hire away the PAC’s know-how?
There's something I like to call "Early Adopter-wear" issued to people who are the first to get ahold of New Technology after paying through the nose. It consists of a set of trousers with hole on the backside, and lettering above the hole stating: "Early Adopter. Screw me here."

Thank you, very interesting. But what happens year over year? Certainly the payouts in the first year or two are based on assumptions but ultimately don’t the payouts become quite certain based on actual revenues and established churn rates? It seems that eventually, payouts equaling annual subscriptions from 50 million people would require 50 million annual subscribers at some point….or am I missing the boat?
Nope, but if they received a benefit in the early years that then later corrected, that would likely be adjusted out accordingly.

That doesn’t mean they’d be certain, quite the opposite actually.

But it doesn’t matter. I don’t think they are ever going to sell enough subs for those higher revenue splits to happen.

82 Frog Fever

And now it begins, the B1G is entering the fray
We need to nail the 4 corner schools this week and get the hell out.
Yormark has been unbelievably patient with these clowns, the rotten Apple deal is on the table, and now it’s time to do business with hardened due dates.

Hemingway

And now it begins, the B1G is entering the fray
We need to nail the 4 corner schools this week and get the hell out.
Yormark has been unbelievably patient with these clowns, the rotten Apple deal is on the table, and now it’s time to do business with hardened due dates.

And not Utah or Asu. They are they real dumbasses. Utah has had some real vitriol for the big 12. I hope we don’t take them. Don’t we already have the Utah market ? Isn’t this a Utah double dip?

Frozen Frog

If the Big Ten wants certain programs it’s not going to matter to the Big 12. The SEC may counter with a similar move. If both conferences add 6 schools it’s not a big deal. Maybe the Big 12 loses a school or two. There will still be very good schools to add. Maybe TCU gets a call to join a new conference. The key is to not panic. That will hurt the Big 12.

Eight

And not Utah or Asu. They are they real dumbasses. Utah has had some real vitriol for the big 12. I hope we don’t take them. Don’t we already have the Utah market ? Isn’t this a Utah double dip?

the big 12 isn't going to offer more money than the big 10 and the big 10 offers a bigger brand.

we are at a point where the wish list goes out the window and it becomes what practically can happen and how will it benefit the conference.

If the b12 can lock down the two az schools and utah do it.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

And not Utah or Asu. They are they real dumbasses. Utah has had some real vitriol for the big 12. I hope we don’t take them. Don’t we already have the Utah market ? Isn’t this an Utah double dip?
Don’t mistake UU’s administrators for their insanely defensive fan base.
UU has never stopped talking with the B12 this whole time.
They are a great tier 1 school that would be an outstanding add to the B12

BUT their fans are over the top defensive. Ours would likely be the same if we were in their fix.

Eight

Don’t mistake UU’s administrators for their insanely defensive fan base.
UU has never stopped talking with the B12 this whole time.
They are a great tier 1 school that would be an outstanding add to the B12

BUT their fans are over the top defensive. Ours would likely be the same if we were in their fix.

they also have been one of if not the best team in the pac the last four full seasons (excluding 2020)

they have played in 4 straight pac title games, won the last two, and been ranked 10th, 12th, and 16th in the last 3 full seasons

they aren't the name brand of usc or uo, but they are a damn good football program to add to the b12

Hemingway

they also have been one of if not the best team in the pac the last four full seasons (excluding 2020)

they have played in 4 straight pac title games, won the last two, and been ranked 10th, 12th, and 16th in the last 3 full seasons

they aren't the name brand of usc or uo, but they are a damn good football program to add to the b12
And what happens when they can’t recruit California after all this ?

Eight

And what happens when they can’t recruit California after all this ?

why won't they be able to recruit california?

there is a great deal of talent that regularly leaves that state to play east of them and the options aren't going to be great to stay in state

Last edited: