• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

An-Cap Frog

What kind of abomination cluster is that? Nebraska ain't coming back. Neither is aggy, arky or mo. Don't need them, don't want them. Take 4-6 PAC teams and march on into the future. Rule the western half of the country. Send those other hillbillies on their way. Good riddance.
AI picked it out by proximity.

Just a note for those doing math at home, keep in mind that Apple likely uses a form of mark to market management accounting/reporting for subscriber revenue. For example, if a new subscriber signs up for $5 a month, the book value can be placed at the “fair market value of that subscriber” which makes some assumptions about their lifetime value and churn rate.

Thus, the number of subs needed can be lower given the theoretical LTV attached.

82 Frog Fever

Just a note for those doing math at home, keep in mind that Apple likely uses a form of mark to market management accounting/reporting for subscriber revenue. For example, if a new subscriber signs up for $5 a month, the book value can be placed at the “fair market value of that subscriber” which makes some assumptions about their lifetime value and churn rate.

Thus, the number of subs needed can be lower given the theoretical LTV attached.
Does Apple really have a dependable method that enables them to account for new sub adds that would be directly attributable to the Pac9?

An-Cap Frog

$30 million per team X 9 teams = $270 million / $20 per month for 3 months = 4.5 million subscribers just to break even

Endless Purple

At least with streaming, I don't think there will be commercial breaks dragging the game time out. But maybe they add commercial breaks or scrolling commercials. Only way to pay for it.

82 Frog Fever

I have been wondering what has happened to O & W.

They have been following the FSU/ACC GOR odeal very closely.
FSU believes they have found a way to navigate the GOR issue at a pretty big reduction in cost. It is legally risky, but it appears they might be ready to risk it.

O & W believes this could somehow open up B10 expansion again, so they are at least temporarily off line with the B12.

idk that much about this, as I haven’t been following it.
I would have thought FSU would be an SEC add?
I also thought the B1G was primarily after ND, so Idk how much sense it makes.

Hemingway

FSU believes they have found a way to navigate the GOR issue at a pretty big reduction in cost. It is legally risky, but it appears they might be ready to risk it.

O & W believes this could somehow open up B10 expansion again, so they are at least temporarily off line with the B12.

Hahaha. That they were defrauded out of their rights ? Gmab. This is the dumbest strategy ever. And not to mention that with Duke, UVA , Wake, UNC , etc they will have adequate representation to fend this off. This will not work.

Limey Frog

Right now we don't need Oregon and Washington to do anything other than refuse to sign a TV deal with the Pac.

An-Cap Frog

82 Frog Fever

Jason Scheer was just on 365 Sports.
His view of the deal is $22m base & $1 per sub with -0- linear (except some tier3 that Apple might sublease) He said the Az. BoR is still in session, but he believes UA will be a B12 member by weeks end.
He also said it might not get announced right away. (that sounded strange)

Robbins is already on record saying he wouldn’t be able to sign with more than 50% streaming. He is out on the PAC, but doesn’t want to be viewed as the PAC killer.