• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

HG73

What are you even talking about? Everything you just said is completely wrong, and
I never said the B1G took UCLA/USC for 2 late games.

It’s in the contract, ESPN has given the B12 63% or $20m towards each new PAC add. Fox hasn’t approved one dime.

”OOC games are all with the other division” is a moronic idea. If B12 teams play 12 P5 games, no B12 team would ever see a NY6 bowl.

Taking 8 teams from the PAC would be a terrible
Please don't take my over the top posts too seriously. Attempted humor. Think outside the box. More than one way to skin a cat. There are other views other than your own. Get over it.

helcap

7txb7g.jpg

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
our son sent me this link about the situation cal is in concerning the debt on their football stadium renovations, the linked article is from 2013 so if you decide to read it, think about where they are right now financially

this is the type of thinking that killed the pac and why the big 12 needs to only look at programs that bring identity and value to the conference and not simply "location"

If Cal is so smart, why did they build their football stadium right on top of an active fault line?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
You’re probably right. There’s no need to say anything else at this point.
The Az. BoD will decide next week for both schools.
I just hope they don’t come back with “they are a package deal”. The BoD has always been adamant that they would very much prefer both to play in the same conference. If BY is holding the wagons waiting for an O/W answer, a package deal with both Arizonas could be a problem.

BY's response to a package deal being required - OK, I guess it will be Oregon, Washington and Utah. Thanks. CLICK

Virginia Frog

Also a deal just for the best basketball conference is super smart for the Big 12, 14, or 16.
I hope (please BY and Chancellors/Presidents/ADs) THIS is the opportunity (post Jul 1, 2024) to make the name non-numerical. The "Big 10" can get away with it, but we need something more comprehensive and permanent - in spite of the # of new arrivals in future years.

Big Continent
Big America
Big Time

Big Money
Big Stuff
Big Bad
Big Yomark

or get rid of the "big" altogether:

NorthEastSouthWest (NESW) or (NSEW) or similar
WTH (We try harder conference - like the old Avis commercials!)

Your ideas/suggestions - good, bad or funny - are welcome!

EVOfrogMR

I hope (please BY and Chancellors/Presidents/ADs) THIS is the opportunity (post Jul 1, 2024) to make the name non-numerical. The "Big 10" can get away with it, but we need something more comprehensive and permanent - in spite of the # of new arrivals in future years.

Big Continent
Big America
Big Time

Big Money
Big Stuff
Big Bad
Big Yomark

Big Stacks - its perfect for NIL and a conference with Coach Prime.

Deep Purple

Big Continent
Big America
Sound like G5 conference names.

SMU wet dream.

Big Money
Big Stuff
Big Bad
Big Yomark
No Way Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Lotta respect for you, Virginia Frog, but these are some of the worst ideas since BYU decided to go independent.

froginmn

Big Continent
Big America
Big Time

Big Money
Big Stuff
Big Bad
Big Yomark

Big Virginia?

Eight

if uo and udub were to join the conference i would suggest the transcontinental conference, but then i realized that might be too woke for some

am very curious if the recruits committed to those remaining pac schools start to look around, az has a very good class going with some high profile talent, same with uo and stanford