• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Eight

How do they feel about Boise State, SDSU and Wyoming?

giphy.gif

Eight

our son sent me this link about the situation cal is in concerning the debt on their football stadium renovations, the linked article is from 2013 so if you decide to read it, think about where they are right now financially

this is the type of thinking that killed the pac and why the big 12 needs to only look at programs that bring identity and value to the conference and not simply "location"

82 Frog Fever

So the B1G raided California for TWO late games/year? B1G will tell USC/UCLA that for $60m they will be playing at 2am if that's what the B1G wants. Or they can go back to the western division of the MWC.

Mouse told BY they will pay $31.7m for any P5 teams. Then BY should take ALL the PAC except WSU/OSU. Twenty teams. Western division is the old PAC, BYU and Tech. Western division gets a game in Texas (Lubbock) every other year. OOC games are all with the other division. All compelling games, no G5 games (sorry Ponies). Championship game between the two divisions.

In reality Mouse will tell BY who and how many he can add for $31.7m each. I would push for Cal and Stanford. #5 TV market and good academics.
What are you even talking about? Everything you just said is completely wrong, and
I never said the B1G took UCLA/USC for 2 late games.

It’s in the contract, ESPN has given the B12 63% or $20m towards each new PAC add. Fox hasn’t approved one dime.

”OOC games are all with the other division” is a moronic idea. If B12 teams play 12 P5 games, no B12 team would ever see a NY6 bowl.

Taking 8 teams from the PAC would be a terrible

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

You’re probably right. There’s no need to say anything else at this point.
The Az. BoD will decide next week for both schools.
I just hope they don’t come back with “they are a package deal”. The BoD has always been adamant that they would very much prefer both to play in the same conference. If BY is holding the wagons waiting for an O/W answer, a package deal with both Arizonas could be a problem.