• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Traveling Frog

It's free when you buy the MLS package. In fact, Messi will be a line judge for three games this year but they will all be a surprise in an effort to spur viewership.
Prime is magician. One year ago no one wanted Colorado, not even the big 12. Colorado finally decided to dump money into football and pay coaches. Now every BIG12 member is happy to have Colorado. What a few month turnaround and a new coach makes.

BYU fan

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting! I'll wait to hear how the B12 call has gone and chime in with a few details later tonight. Lots of moving parts, and I'll tell you the #1 thing TCU admin was preaching today was "patience." There are more than a few folks who are pissed this leaked about a ~day ahead of schedule, that gives the PAC a good bit of runway to save things.

The one thing I can say: The Brett McMurphy report is wrong, or at least premature. Colorado has done the thing you don't do, which is schedule the vote before you know what the vote will be. They aren't 100% sure on the count yet. I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow's board meeting gets pushed. Not saying it will be, but it could.

Nah. The vote tomorrow is just a formality. It was all hammered out today so they know what it will be.

Hemingway

Alright, I think from what TCU folks are saying, the way to look at this is:

- Colorado could be on the way, but they could pause again too. PAC will make a major push, you just never know. I think their $$ alumni and regents are truly on the fence, although maybe they are decidedly leaning at this point.

- As @TCUdirtbag said, this could go a lot of different ways. If Colorado gets an invite submitted and accepted, the next question is who follows. It could be nobody from the PAC, and the B12 has eyes on other options from non P5 leagues. You’ve heard the names.

- It’s been reported ESPN has to pay “pro rata” value for new P5 members, this is true. This is specifically tied to the roughly 60% of the leagues inventory they bought the rights too. FOX did not agree to this up front, but could choose to do the same thing, and it is true FOX has said they’d likely be interested in doing so. If they don’t, then that inventory is open for purchase. ESPN/FOX have both a right of first refusal and a right to match, so it’s likely things stay with both of them eventually one way or the other. My read is that FOX would say YES on Colorado, Arizona, and probably one or two more from the PAC if they aren’t of the Wazzu level of quality.

This has been an interesting few weeks. GK promised movement and is short on specifics. As I’ve said before, my intuition is telling me he has been bluffing. Now, with that said, there has been a major company at the table that hasn’t been reported (NBCU), but they just can’t seem to get things closed. My uninformed guess is GK realizes the value he was being offered wasn’t going to be good enough, and thus he was trying to wait for Apple or somebody else to get serious. It just isn’t happening for them.

Last thing: Big topic on tonight’s B12 call as it has been the last few weeks was around integration. BY says he has a plan, Big 12 Presidents are skeptical. I don’t have all the details, but there are some potential impacts financially (costs) and scheduling for a few teams. I think they are going to go for it, but it’s a bit hairy, especially considering it could be as many as four new members with less than a year to work it all out.
Would it be Notre Dame with NBC picking up that portion of unused inventory?

Moose Stuff

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting! I'll wait to hear how the B12 call has gone and chime in with a few details later tonight. Lots of moving parts, and I'll tell you the #1 thing TCU admin was preaching today was "patience." There are more than a few folks who are pissed this leaked about a ~day ahead of schedule, that gives the PAC a good bit of runway to save things.

The one thing I can say: The Brett McMurphy report is wrong, or at least premature. Colorado has done the thing you don't do, which is schedule the vote before you know what the vote will be. They aren't 100% sure on the count yet. I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow's board meeting gets pushed. Not saying it will be, but it could.
How has anybody watched the actions of the PAC since this all started and concluded they have the ability to come up with a plan to save things in the next 24 hours???

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

Will we find Pac-12 games streaming on Apple TV?
Nothing is ever definite with the PAC. Right now Apple has thrown a curve ball and has taken the position that they don’t want a piece of the PAC, they want it all.
Apple wants to be designated as the PAC9 streaming agent for all PAC9 games.
It’s just too much streaming at this time, maybe 2030.
Both Wash & Oregon believe you can’t put your tier 1 games on streaming.

Limey Frog

Other than Wash State, fans at every school in the PACwhatever think they are going to the Big 10.

A new definition of delusional.
Yeah, I generally never read other schools' fan boards because I assume they're all as delusional as we are here. When I make exceptions to this rule my assumption has always been confirmed. I've been reading the realignment thread on the CU board for a month or so. One guy who seemed very much like an actual insider said about six weeks back that the Big 12 move would happen, so I guess that turned out to be good intel. But most of their thread has just been a bunch of surly gits posting crap about research money and "academics," like anyone ever visited a sports message board or put a bumper sticker on their car because they love what's happening in their alma mater's molecular physics lab! "Academics" is the Big Ten/Pac 12 also-rans' equivalent of Aggie going all "SEC! SEC!" on TCU because we earned ourselves the right to get boat-raced by Georgia.

Just this morning I took a quick look at Utah's board, which I've never done before today. Sure enough, there's a bunch of characters melting down and telling themselves that if they win the Pac 12 again this year their chances of a Big Ten invite go way up. Sure, guys... That's going be just how this goes. :rolleyes:

Skobuffs85

Yeah, I generally never read other schools' fan boards because I assume they're all as delusional as we are here. When I make exceptions to this rule my assumption has always been confirmed. I've been reading the realignment thread on the CU board for a month or so. One guy who seemed very much like an actual insider said about six weeks back that the Big 12 move would happen, so I guess that turned out to be good intel. But most of their thread has just been a bunch of surly gits posting crap about research money and "academics," like anyone ever visited a sports message board or put a bumper sticker on their car because they love what's happening in their alma mater's molecular physics lab! "Academics" is the Big Ten/Pac 12 also-rans' equivalent of Aggie going all "SEC! SEC!" on TCU because we earned ourselves the right to get boat-raced by Georgia.

Just this morning I took a quick look at Utah's board, which I've never done before today. Sure enough, there's a bunch of characters melting down and telling themselves that if they win the Pac 12 again this year their chances of a Big Ten invite go way up. Sure, guys... That's going be just how this goes. :rolleyes:
Allbuffs?

Limey Frog

Oh, today will be glorious! The PAC will erupt in flames, and it's former members will be running around in circles, screaming and shouting. The wailing! The gnashing of teeth!
Yeah, Yormark is going to take his sweet time to return the missed calls from Utah's AD, Harlan. He'll call back a few hours later and start with, "Sorry, Mark. I was on another call. I've been getting quite a few. What can I do for you?"