• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

82 Frog Fever

Vegas can make money off anything.
These are the odds of the ”next” team to move to the B12.
UA + Co = 49%. Makes sense, even money.

Attachments

• IMG_4406.jpeg
    IMG_4406.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 30

An-Cap Frog

Does he still own them? Does he think they have gone downhill too? Sorry if I have stepped on any toes.
He sold them about a decade ago to a guy with 40+ stores. One location is no longer around.

The second is still there.

He got out at right time. There is too much competition for these locations.

NORMLFROG

Good grief. I can think of several good reasons why adding UConn would be awkward at best, but it continues to feel like BY has a big woody for UConn

I might be in the minority but I'm all for diversifying and monetizing. While we will never be on cash par with the B10 or Segregation Central we certainly have an opportunity to differentiate ourselves(cash wise and reach wise from PAC and ACC.

Kick those tires BY!

NF

Limey Frog

(Apologies for repeating some previous posts here, but...)

1. Big 12 won't add any full members that the presidents of the existing members don't want or that ESPN and Fox won't give an additional payout for at a full share, which amounts to the same thing.

2. Yormark may be flirting so hard with U Conn in an attempt to make the 'Four Corners' schools feel that their landing spot won't be there forever and they may risk ending up without a home (if that's true, it seems rather a hollow bluff; the Big XII will clearly wait as long as we need to for the Pac 12 to sort their nonsense out).

3. I could live with U Conn as a basketball-only member (perhaps alongside a few others like Creighton) and guaranteeing their football program 8 non-conference games a year. Playing U Conn in football every second year out-of-conference would be fine; being in the same league as them is a step back to our WAC/C-USA days (no thanks).

Eight

(Apologies for repeating some previous posts here, but...)

1. Big 12 won't add any full members that the presidents of the existing members don't want or that ESPN and Fox won't give an additional payout for at a full share, which amounts to the same thing.

2. Yormark may be flirting so hard with U Conn in an attempt to make the 'Four Corners' schools feel that their landing spot won't be there forever and they may risk ending up without a home (if that's true, it seems rather a hollow bluff; the Big XII will clearly wait as long as we need to for the Pac 12 to sort their nonsense out).

3. I could live with U Conn as a basketball-only member (perhaps alongside a few others like Creighton) and guaranteeing their football program 8 non-conference games a year. Playing U Conn in football every second year out-of-conference would be fine; being in the same league as them is a step back to our WAC/C-USA days (no thanks).

there is no value to playing uconn in football, they aren't notre dame which brings brand value, a home and home isn't appealing, and would rather play another p5 or a regional school

outside of basketball, what do they offer and i am not convinced the big 12 brand in basketball didn't get stronger with the addition of uh and cincy