• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion Thread

SeniorFrog

Dman890 said:
I hope we have conversations with the Arizona schools, Nebraska, Colorado and Mizzou.  Depending upon revenue agreements I could see any of those schools being interested - especially Nebraska with their god awful home schedule in the Big 10 West.

In my opinion if we add a commuter school we are a dead conference walking.  I cannot see UT/OU wanting to be in a conference with a commuter school.

What about Arizona schools, CU and CSU? 

Mizzou and Nebraska are not going to leave. 

Dman890

SeniorFrog said:

What about Arizona schools, CU and CSU? 

Mizzou and Nebraska are not going to leave. 

I agree. I actually think CSU is a decent option too.   Like I said, I think long-term a adding a commuter school will be the end of the conference. OU/UT will not be able to handle that in the long run even if the money is good in the short term.

MTfrog5

I think the Tier 3 rights could really interest schools like Arizona, ASU, and Nebraska. Plus the new TV contract when expansion does take place

Dogfrog

Big Frog II said:
No one is leaving the Big 10 or the SEC with the money they are making.  
Money is great but having your ass handed to you year after year is a beating on alums. If they thought their shot at CFP was greater it would be attractive.

HoustonVeer

LVH said:

I don't really care who gets added as long as its not Houston. They bring nothing to the table. 

Boren said yesterday that the Big 12 is looking for the strongest available partners.

Should Houston beat OU on September 3 in front of 70K fans at NRG and millions on ABC, bolting Houston into the Top 10 . . . and then the Big 12 snubs Houston?

The Big 12 would look like idiots. 

You better pray OU wins that game handily.  If it's competitive in front of a sold out crowd (or if Houston wins), it's checkmate.

LVH

HoustonVeer said:

Boren said yesterday that the Big 12 is looking for the strongest available partners.

Should Houston beat OU on September 3 in front of 70K fans at NRG and millions on ABC, bolting Houston into the Top 10 . . . and then the Big 12 snubs Houston?

You better pray OU wins that game handily.  If it's competitive in front of a sold out crowd (or if Houston wins), it's checkmate.

1. It needs to happen first

2. I didn't see UCF beating down the door after they embarrased Big 12 champ Baylor in 2013. By your logic that should have been checkmate and UCF should be in the Big 12 for that.

SeniorFrog

HoustonVeer said:

Not really. Good for you if you do beat OU, but you will need to take that next step and finish the season. No more let downs to UConn or anyone in your conference. 

But if you finish undefeated in another NY6 bowl...the tide will be in your favor. 

Balquhidder

GP's Step-Son said:

Just yesterday he said it'd be for the 17-18 season?  

That would suck to have to wait until Fall 2018, mainly because I want out of our odd-year gauntlet schedule that sends us to OK twice.

BYU can join for 2017.  In fact we are in the process of moving our ECU and UNLV games which are October and November games. 

Dogfrog

HoustonVeer said:

It is desperate to believe that one football game should determine who should be invited. TCU beat #7 OU in Norman back in 05 but that one game had little to do with our eventual invitation.

Boomhauer

HoustonVeer said:

What if UH defeats OU but loses to UConn again? Does that mean UConn has checkmate?

Big12Fan

HoustonVeer said:

The question is... Are you willing to do something strange for some change?

westoverhillbilly

If the B12 doesn't add P5 programs which looks likely, I like the idea of granting only provisional memberships on a 2 or 3 year tryout basis- where a new program gets terminated if they lose a coach, have a less than good record or attendance or fail to travel well or other failings..

Dogfrog

So Clay Travis has just figured out that college football is a money grab? So ESPN, SEC, B1G, UT can turn college football into a financial every man for himself but B12 can't? Stupid.

Balquhidder

westoverhillbilly said:
If the B12 doesn't add P5 programs which looks likely, I like the idea of granting only provisional memberships on a 2 or 3 year tryout basis- where a new program gets terminated if they lose a coach, have a less than good record or attendance or fail to travel well or other failings..
 Works great if they put TCU into that same provision being they would be on the same level as those candidates (except BYU).