• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Awards

MAcFroggy

Offensive Player of the Year - Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)
Co - Defensive Player of the year - Ogbo Okoronkwo (Oklahoma) / Malik Jefferson (Texas)
Coach of the Year - Matt Campbell (Iowa State)
Offensive Newcomer of the year - Will Grier (WVU)
Defensive Newcomer of the year - Ben Banagu (TCU)
Co Defensive Freshman of the year - Ross Blacklock (TCU)/ Kenneth Murray (Oklahoma)
Co Offensive Freshman of the year - Charlie Brewer (Baylor) / Jalen Reagor (TCU)
Offensive Lineman of the year - Orlando Brown (Oklahoma)
Defensive Lineman of the year - Poona Ford (Texas)
Special Teams Player of the year - Michael Dickson (Texas - Punter)

http://www.big12sports.com/pdf9/5463097.pdf

Link also includes All Big 12 teams:

TCU Players on First Team
KR/PR - KaVontae Turpin
DL - Ben Banogu
DL - Mat Boesen
LB - Travin Howard
DB - Nick Orr
DB - Ranthony Texada

TCU Players on Second Team
OL - Matt Pryor

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Offensive and defensive freshman of the year is pretty impressive. Especially since we don't have many freshman getting a lot of playing time; unlike a certain school I can think of who is basically playing freshmen at every single position.

Pharm Frog

LOL According to what? Actual production? You see the numbers, right? Nothing says he's the better player.

Points per reception ain't close and that's pretty damn important. Ever think there may be more to WR than just yards and catches. Pretty sure they are called on the block and offensive systems can distort.

EDIT: And we all know that Lamb must be a dirty player who is being directed by Lincoln Riley to hurt opposing players as evidenced in his targeting ejection against Tulane.

Wexahu

LOL According to what? Actual production? You see the numbers, right? Nothing says he's the better player.

So it's all about numbers? I bet if every player in the Big 12 was a free agent, Reagor would be taken ahead of Lamb. Just my opinion. Basing these awards strictly by numbers is stupid. That's not an opinion.

Points per reception ain't close and that's pretty damn important. Ever think there may be more to WR than just yards and catches. Pretty sure they are called on the block and offensive systems can distort.
Ya...Touchdowns. Points scored and moving the chains with receiving yards. Lamb is better in every category.

So it's all about numbers? I bet if every player in the Big 12 was a free agent, Reagor would be taken ahead of Lamb. Just my opinion. Basing these awards strictly by numbers is stupid. That's not an opinion.
Really? So when you're playing fantasy football you base your picks off of production right? This is a laughable pick and everyone knows it.

netty2424

Lamb is good, but can Lamb do this?
grab-2017-11-18-17h12m55s198.png