• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Arena half empty against a

Kappa Frog

Have four seats behind the bench--didn't go because hubby out of town and honestly, 8 pm is too late for me on a school night (teacher, 5 a.m. wake up).

Conference games are ALWAYS better.
I tried giving our tickets to TCU colleagues and none could go--ended up a student and his dad went...glad they could use them.

I probably will have to sell the BU tickets because of baseball tourney...:-(

Realtorfrog

Unless SMU fans were ashamed to wear red, there weren't very many.

The few got loud when they took the lead. It just goes to show how loud the Schol can really get when all our fans are into it!

Had a group of about 10 students above us and over a section but that was the biggest group I noticed.

Frog-in-law1995

Pretty sure the OP saw it as half empty.

7a2c6c15adc0770c14c4412b3d03ae67.jpg

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I get the people with kids thing, but good Lord...

We know ahead of time the game days, and we know ahead of time whether we have kids or not. Unless you find out an hour before gametime that a ticket is going unused (like happened to me last night) we can do a better job of giving them away to friends and helping to grow the fanbase.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I get the people with kids thing, but good Lord...

We know ahead of time the game days, and we know ahead of time whether we have kids or not. Unless you find out an hour before gametime that a ticket is going unused (like happened to me last night) we can do a better job of giving them away to friends and helping to grow the fanbase.
What if you don't have any friends? Asking for a frie...well not a friend.

MAcFroggy

Only if you have young kids or a very early work schedule.

To be fair, I left my office in downtown Dallas at 5:30 yesterday and did not make it to campus until after 7 last night due to all of the traffic in Arlington. I quickly ate dinner at Dutch's (friend ordered for me before I even got there), walked over to the arena, and barely made it in time for the end of the national anthem. It then took me about 45 minutes to an hour to get home to Dallas last night (made it home after 11).

All in all that is a very long day for almost anybody. I understand many die hard TCU fans are willing to do that, but for most casual TCU basketball fans it is a beating when you can just watch it on TV.

Tom Brown

To be fair, I left my office in downtown Dallas at 5:30 yesterday and did not make it to campus until after 7 last night due to all of the traffic in Arlington. I quickly ate dinner at Dutch's (friend ordered for me before I even got there), walked over to the arena, and barely made it in time for the end of the national anthem. It then took me about 45 minutes to an hour to get home to Dallas last night (made it home after 11).

All in all that is a very long day for almost anybody. I understand many die hard TCU fans are willing to do that, but for most casual TCU basketball fans it is a beating when you can just watch it on TV.

The anthem sucked last night anyway. The singer did some Mariah Carey run version.

Last edited:

jack the frog

That was probably my 5th game to go to this year and I thought the crowd was great. Packed houses don’t happen over night. It took GP 15 years to get from 15k fans a game to 40k+ and People still gripe about our crowds.

Yep.

Is there a fundamental difference in our student body versus 30 years ago? If not then just be patient. That little round arena can be one of the loudest places in America when our students become sold on a winner. Unless we disappoint relative to expectations I suspect we start seeing that this year.