• The KillerFrogs

Baseball season is here!

jake102

UCLA beat San Francisco today 1- 0

Gerrit Cole started. His line:

9 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 11 strikeouts and 104 total pitches.

Purke has his work cut out for him.

TCURiggs

UCLA beat San Francisco today 1- 0

Gerrit Cole started. His line:

9 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk, 11 strikeouts and 104 total pitches.

Purke has his work cut out for him.

Impressive. Cole is a stud. I really hope that strange little jackwagon, Bauer, gets shelled this year.

jake102

Impressive. Cole is a stud. I really hope that strange little jackwagon, Bauer, gets shelled this year.

Can't say I'd be disappointed to see one of his 95mph fastballs come back at 110. Be kind of funny to see him do the Brett Favre squirm on the ground.

2314@work

Contributor
SOOOO Soon! Ill be out there in an hour or so..whose tailgate am I visiting?
I would think any one you want

StanMarsh.png

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I think we can all agree that we could all use a little more Sam Elliot in our lives.

Who's you favorite Sam Elliot?

- "Road House" Sam Elliot
- "Tombstone" Sam Elliot
- "Big Lebowski" Sam Elliot

Its gotta be Tombstone Sam but Big Lebowski Sam is a close second.

However, having a personal hero of Theodore Roosevelt, I liked Sam as Capt. Bucky O'Neill in the Rough Riders. Good movie and Tom Berringer was surprisingly good as TR

Icefrog

Did anyone notice the attendance for UCLA - San Fran ? A whopping 693 patrons in beautiful LA got to see a great pitcher throw.
The atmosphere at Lupton tonight was great and the game was out of reach early. The young pitchers have some pop.

Young and Horned

However, having a personal hero of Theodore Roosevelt, I liked Sam as Capt. Bucky O'Neill in the Rough Riders. Good movie and Tom Berringer was surprisingly good as TR

Did you see him in "We Were Soldies?" He was pretty awesome in that one too. An old codger who doesnt give a damn.

PurpleBlood87

I think we can all agree that we could all use a little more Sam Elliot in our lives.

Who's you favorite Sam Elliot?

- "Road House" Sam Elliot
- "Tombstone" Sam Elliot
- "Big Lebowski" Sam Elliot
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley in "We were Soldiers"

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I think you oughta get yourself an M-16.
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground.

PurpleBlood87

He was good as O'Neill. That was a good mini-series some of the best fight scenes in a period piece movie.

Houston Frog

Did anyone notice the attendance for UCLA - San Fran ? A whopping 693 patrons in beautiful LA got to see a great pitcher throw.
The atmosphere at Lupton tonight was great and the game was out of reach early. The young pitchers have some pop.

Doesn't surprise me.... UCLA had a terrible showing at the College World Series last year. They literally had maybe 200 people there in a tiny little section, most of whom I'm guessing were the family and friends of the players/coaches.

I was actually pretty confused by it. They're not a small school, it's not like they're in the northeast where no one cares about college baseball, baseball is big in California, and it's not like they had a crappy team with no chance to make a deep run.