• The KillerFrogs

At least our Fiesta Bowl experience wasn't this bad....

geefrogs

http://www.dailycampus.com/news/uconn-loses-nearly-1-8-million-at-the-2011-fiesta-bowl-1.2043100

Just more BC$ bull. Of course, it would help UConn if they could sell more than 2,771 tickets.

Big Frog II

According to that article we travel extremely well. It will be interesting to see how well we would travel to the Orange Bowl. That is probably one we would have some trouble selling all of our tickets to.

Big Frog II

I'd rather go to Miami than Tempe.
I am just afraid the extra expense to fly and the very long drive would cut down on our numbers. If it were the BcS championship game, we would easliy sellout, but if were the Orange Bowl against an ACC team, I believe it would be tougher. I hope I am wrong about the latter.

tcumaniac

It'll be interesting to see how well we travel if BCS bowls become the norm for us. The fiesta bowl was our first BCS bowl, and the rose bowl was the freaking rose bowl. I wonder how many people would be willing to shell out the money to go watch us play a mediocre team in the orange bowl....

Dogfrog

It'll be interesting to see how well we travel if BCS bowls become the norm for us. The fiesta bowl was our first BCS bowl, and the rose bowl was the freaking rose bowl. I wonder how many people would be willing to shell out the money to go watch us play a mediocre team in the orange bowl....

Of all the BCS bowl cities, Miami is my favorite. South Beach / Miami Beach is great. Plenty of direct flights to Miami, South Beach is a 20 minute cab ride from the airport. I'd be there in a minute.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I am just afraid the extra expense to fly and the very long drive would cut down on our numbers. If it were the BcS championship game, we would easliy sellout, but if were the Orange Bowl against an ACC team, I believe it would be tougher. I hope I am wrong about the latter.

The way I see it, even if we pull back from the numbers we had at the Rose Bowl, we still probably sell our allotment for any other BCS bowl. Working in our favor is that we are centrally located - UConn was killed in part by the fact that it was a cross-country trip, whereas the Rose Bowl is the longest trip for TCU - and its doubtful another Rose Bowl trip is in our future....unless its for the BCS title game. :biggrin:

Opintel

Moderators
How many Froggie fans have been to a Orange Bowl game? It's not the first invitation to a place that should be a concern - but, if it becomes routine... :unsure:

I really enjoyed the Poinsettia Bowl, for the whole experience of it. That said, the next choice for me would be a nice trip to the Sugar Bowl. In fact, there are no bad bowl games, but the difference between the top and bottom is quite large. Let's just keep going!

Big Frog II

I don't think they could provide enough tickets for the Sugar Bowl. Easily drivable from most of Texas. Part of the reason many people didn't or couldn't attend the Fiesta or Rose was the unavailability of flights or the cost. Also getting to play a possible SEC team would create huge demand from TCU fans.

asleep003

The way I see it, even if we pull back from the numbers we had at the Rose Bowl, we still probably sell our allotment for any other BCS bowl. Working in our favor is that we are centrally located - UConn was killed in part by the fact that it was a cross-country trip, whereas the Rose Bowl is the longest trip for TCU - and its doubtful another Rose Bowl trip is in our future....unless its for the BCS title game. :biggrin:

How about the 2013 season... the NCG of January 2014.?. just 3 years away and beleave we can finish the pyramid climb there, in the Rose Bowl... Casey will be a Sr/Brown a Jr/and Boykin a Soph. One of them will take us to the promise land, as these next 2 years are the building blocks for that game.

Stiff Arm Frog

I think a lot of TCU fans would travel to the Orange Bowl, although yeah, it probably wouldn't be as many as went to the Rose Bowl. Miami is a nice town, but it would help if the game weren't so far away, and in such a piece of [Craig James] stadium.

If we played Wake Forest though, man, sign me up! I've got a buddy who goes to Wake, we'd have a blast. Though I realize I'd be in the minority in that situation.
biggrin.gif

Dtx_Frog_Fan

If it were against a 12-1 fsu, Miami, or vatech we would travel real well. If an 8-5 wake or ga tech got lucky in the championship it wouldn't draw well. Said thing is uconn in their first bcs bowl selling fewer tickets than we have seats at Lupton.

ShivasFrog

The Rose and Fiesta Bowls were great experiences, but as a whole, the bowl system is a corrupt scam. I'd rather host a couple of playoff games at a new ACS then go to a bowl game.