• The KillerFrogs

Are yall listening to this press conference?

BABYFACE

When did popularity & fame become the criteria by which we judge words of wisdom & philosophies?

Just stop it. It is FB. You are supposed to get your mean on. It is not a night at the social club. It is all about having murder in your heart when stepping out onto the field of play.

pcf

eh....who knows. I didn't see June's quotes. The officiating was bad. I don't think it cost us the game at all, I just think it was bad. I personally don't like bad calls even when they go our way. I prefer to pay attention to the players, not the refs.

He's probably just trying to fire everyone up like you say.

Good luck the rest of the year.

I think it is likely that it did cost TCU the game. Mighty timely flags and mighty hard to spot fouls.

SoonerBredCD

This won't tarnish him any more than his outburst after the Tech game, a few years back, tarnished him.

GP is pretty sly and I think he saves this stuff for the right moment.

Besides I don't believe that he is prone to running off at the mouth and carefully calculates what he says and when he says it. In other words, there is a method to his madness

Maybe you're right. I just think the tirade is beneath him. TCU does their talking on the field. I just found it a little disappointing. As someone who has followed and attended TCU games for 25+ years, I think I'm entitled to have this opinion.

SoonerBredCD

I think it is likely that it did cost TCU the game. Mighty timely flags and mighty hard to spot fouls.

It depends on how you look at it. On one hand, you can blame the loss on questionable penalties during a tight contest. On the other hand, you can blame the loss on the inability to defend a forward pass against a team you should have been able to beat handily on your home field (penalities or not).

HFrog1999

It could have, but in Football you've got to overcome bad officiating. A lot of times, it's useful to show an official what a real personal foul is :wink:

natesewell

Gary Paterson is a great football coach, he just isn't a very good human being. These are classless comments.

You guys need to get a better band if a couple hundred SMU fans can drown them out with S M U chants.

You guys need better security if you don't want a couple hundred SMU fans on the field.

You guys are finding everyone else to blame for your loss this past weekend instead of looking at yourselves. If you even give the officials a chance to determine the outcome of a football game you don't deserve to win.

June has never said a bad word about GP or the TCU program. All he has every said is that he wants to copy their success at SMU.

HFrog1999

Gary Paterson is a great football coach, he just isn't a very good human being. These are classless comments.

You guys need to get a better band if a couple hundred SMU fans can drown them out with S M U chants.

You guys need better security if you don't want a couple hundred SMU fans on the field.

You guys are finding everyone else to blame for your loss this past weekend instead of looking at yourselves. If you even give the officials a chance to determine the outcome of a football game you don't deserve to win.

June has never said a bad word about GP or the TCU program. All he has every said is that he wants to copy their success at SMU.

You need to get a life moron :rolleyes:

pcf

It depends on how you look at it. On one hand, you can blame the loss on questionable penalties during a tight contest. On the other hand, you can blame the loss on the inability to defend a forward pass against a team you should have been able to beat handily on your home field (penalities or not).

All I know is that you had to have both together to reach 40 points. I don't think the pass defense was that bad, but if the other team keeps getting a bunch of extra shots, they're going to hit something.

One of the reasons I didn't feel as bad about the loss is because you could see it was an uphill battle for the Frogs with the flags. By that same line of thought, I could see why someone would be steaming mad about it.

Dogfrog

Maybe you're right. I just think the tirade is beneath him. TCU does their talking on the field. I just found it a little disappointing. As someone who has followed and attended TCU games for 25+ years, I think I'm entitled to have this opinion.

I will defend to the death your right to be wrong.

Lone Frog

No question in my mind we lost the game when we should not have. Also no question the officials made it a lot easier for SMU to win.

Houston Frog

June is the one who all the TX high school football coaches have a problem with, due to his not honoring scholarship offers to incoming recruits. Gary Patterson is a very good human being... he is a great role model for all these young men, he graduates his players at an extremely high rate, his players don't get in trouble, he holds people accountable, he's honest, and he wins.

Can't say the same about June. Although he does dress like a slob, has a woman's name, and looks like someone you'd see on a Registered Sex Offenders website though, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Now, read this article about Gary and tell me he's not a good human being....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1190263/index.htm

P.S. [ go darn yourself ]

Frog89

Actually, he's quite a good human being. I'm betting you've never even talked to the guy. He is loyal, cares about his kids and university and has apparently helped SMU quite a bit more than most of us would have liked. Win or lose, he still takes his team over behind the service academy teams after the game for their song and has everyone stand behind them out of respect for their service. The times I've met him and the people who know him better than me would strongly disagree with you on that point.

He also doesn't run the score up on anyone, much to the dismay of many of us. Something I'm quite sure won't happen next year if the opportunity presents itself against SMU.

Hey Goldenshower,

You know as well as we all do that you guys got some phantasmal calls go against TCU. You also know the CUSA refs suck balls.

Go snort some more coke with your friends on Harry Hines.

EAD, DIAF, STFU

Sincerely,

Frognosticator

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Gary Paterson is a great football coach, he just isn't a very good human being. These are classless comments...

Part one: with the same level of knowledge about you personally that you have about GP, I can call you a complete asshat. I might not be right, you might be a saint, but it's the same level of reasoning. The man has rarely shown an ounce of frustration at anyone outside of his own team, his own fans or his own coaching staff for a decade. I will forgive him the occasional tirade, without judging whether he is or "isn't a very good human being".

Meanwhile, as to part two - I can't speak for everyone, but I think most realize that the officiating was one legitimate factor of many, which includes your team's excellent effort and our team's poor execution in key spots, that caused the result of a loss. We can (and will as you can see) gripe/comment on all of them.

ATXFrog

If Gary Patterson is such a horrible human being then how does he have such well disciplined players? Never heard a TCU player say I hate those people after a win. Teejay Johnson and Andy Dalton were coached by GP. All I need to say to make you look like a fool.

Apparently TCU security only cares if FROG Fans jump on the field. My only thought is that it wouldn't look good to tackle a bunch of SMU idiots..
I'm all for policing the crap out of your 100 fans you bring in two years if that's what you want. Or maybe you could show some class.

We didn't blame the refs for Baylor loss. I blame RG3 for that one. TCU isn't use to having high-school CUSA refs. We have forgotten how horrible they are. Watch the tape and you can't deny it.

Kaiser

Literally take a step back from your computer, and (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately) your own face.

Shooting off at the mouth doesn't make Gary a bad person.

Band smack is for queers & pedophiles. Doesnt your band just play one song over & over anyways?

Who knew we needed a SWAT team to keep a bunch of morons off our field. I always just assumed people didn't try to rush the field when they were the visitors.

HFrog1999

Literally take a step back from your computer, and (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately) your own face.

Shooting off at the mouth doesn't make Gary a bad person.

Band smack is for queers & pedophiles. Doesnt your band just play one song over & over anyways?

Who knew we needed a SWAT team to keep a bunch of morons off our field. I always just assumed people didn't try to rush the field when they were the visitors.

clapping.gif