• The KillerFrogs

AP: Steelers intercept Dalton twice in fourth quarter, hold on for 24-17 win over Bengals

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Steelers intercept Dalton twice in fourth quarter, hold on for 24-17 win over Bengals

By Associated Press

Dalton handled most of what Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau threw at him until the end. He had two more touchdown passes, giving him 14 overall — the most by a rookie quarterback in his first nine games since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. He wasn't sacked even though the Steelers blitzed him every way they could.

"I felt like we had a really good grasp on what they were doing," said Dalton, who was 15 of 30 for 170 yards. "Even with all the movements and shifts that they were doing, I still thought we had a good feel."

Until the fourth quarter.

Dalton didn't have top receiver A.J. Green on the field for those pivotal moments. Green, who leads all rookie NFL receivers, twisted his right knee when he landed awkwardly on a 36-yard touchdown in the second quarter.

Green returned on the next series but was held out as a precaution after halftime. ...

NativeFrog

Well, Dalton proved he is human, after all. Unfortunately, it happened in the Bengals' biggest game of the year, against their hated rivals. Andy will bounce back, however, and, hopefully, so will the Bengals.

Atomic Frawg

One of the pics was a tip drill. I didn't see the other. It looks like he is making the correct reads, which is good news. Plus his primary receiver was out of the game for the second half. Still, they were in the hunt deep into the fourth quarter against one of the saltiest defenses in the league. Even though the Bengals lost there are positives to take away.

RaiderHater

Did anyone see what the Steelers D did to pats 2 weeks ago? Dalton hung in and played tough with on of the best defenses in the NFL. Yes he mad a mistake late. But who would've thought 4 years ago during Daltons freshman year that now he would be competing against the best defenses in the NFL?