• The KillerFrogs

AP: Potential new rivalries in Big 12 with Brigham Young becoming league's 3rd private Christian school

FrogCop19

The whole concept of The Holy Trinity (they being of one body) came from a vote in the Nicaean Creed in the 4th century after Constantine adopted Christianity as the official Roman religion in order to quell the divisiveness. It's man-made doctrine, we just happen to believe that God, his son, and the HG are all separate individuals, united in purpose. We worship God through his son JC with JC being the mediator.
This sounds like a warped version (no snark intended AT ALL, truly) of one of my biggest issues with catholicism, where they seem to hold Mary on equal footing with The Big Three, praying to her to get in touch with God. She's not an operator running a heavenly switchboard, and neither is Jesus.

An-Cap Frog

The whole concept of The Holy Trinity (they being of one body) came from a vote in the Nicaean Creed in the 4th century after Constantine adopted Christianity as the official Roman religion in order to quell the divisiveness. It's man-made doctrine, we just happen to believe that God, his son, and the HG are all separate individuals, united in purpose. We worship God through his son JC with JC being the mediator.
Isaiah 43:10 | English Standard Version

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor shall there be any after me.

CountryFrog

This sounds like a warped version (no snark intended AT ALL, truly) of one of my biggest issues with catholicism, where they seem to hold Mary on equal footing with The Big Three, praying to her to get in touch with God. She's not an operator running a heavenly switchboard, and neither is Jesus.
Sexist imo

tcumaniac

Who are you to say whats a mule/horse or to define anything? The facts speak for themselves. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a Christian church.
No it's not. Mormons are not Christians. It wasn't until the 80s that the Mormon church rebranded and changed up their marketing strategy to seem more "Christian" in hopes of attracting more people to deceive into becoming members. Mormonism is a false religion that believes in an entirely different version of Jesus than who is represented in the Bible. I've had countless conversations with Mormons in person that initially claim to be "Christians that believe in Jesus too" only to quickly shut it down when pressed about the true, radical difference between what the two faiths believe.

Deep Purple

Who are you to say whats a mule/horse or to define anything? The facts speak for themselves.
Yes, they do. And the fact is, a mule is genetically different from a horse. Mules are sterile and can't reproduce. They are a hybrid that can only be produced by crossbreeding a jack (male donkey) with a mare (female horse). Yet mules still largely look like and retain several characteristics of a horse. But however much they may resemble horses, mules are not horses. They are mules.

Froglaw

That was because of all of the Anti-LDS signs and mocking and hostility that we encountered from some of the fans at ACS, some even tried to start a fight with former Maverick player Shawn Bradley's wife. Then there were was the rudeness of others. That's not to say that TCU fans in general were like that (the owners of this forum are pretty cool and friendly in person, having met them a few years back), it was just surprising how many fans were just rude and openly hostile towards us.

Baylor has been nothing but very friendly towards us. I went to our game against them in 2021 in Waco and was blown away by the hospitality and welcoming from them.

We welcome all at our tailgate Including BYU fans.

Techtards, cow lovers, Baylor boys, Land thieves, all are welcomed.

For BYU we‘re going to set up a door bell button on a pole next to an ice chest full of Sprite.

Make yourself at home!

EDIT: I get this way when my conference partner scru’s me over twice and then begs for a third chance to wreck my conference one more time.

Cougar/Frog

When I attended TCU, a classmate mentioned that he grew up Lutheran in DFW and was told by Baptists he was not Christian. Another Texas born classmate, a Catholic, talked about being told he wasn't a Christian by the Baptists.

Perhaps the Baptists and other Protestants can just stop pretending that only they get to declare who is a Christian and instead just let everyone who believes in Our Lord Jesus to call themselves a Christian. Christ can sort it out on Judgement Day.

Limp Lizard

Any group that professes the divinity of Jesus and believes in the resurrection of Jesus as do the LDS meets the criteria in my book. If they consider themselves Christian , then good enough for me. I grew up with too much crap of the Churches of Christ thinking they were the only Christians.

Even President Thomas Jefferson called himself a Christian but neither believed in the divinity of Jesus nor his resurrection. He was much more Theist than Christian. But his beliefs were his own.

Mormons added the later work of Jesus in the new world, which most Christians think is a bit much and a fabrication of Smith's. But they generally are happy, hardworking people. Like the little Morman boy said in South Park "Grow up." He also said something else which does not meet the standards of this board.

Eight

Oh gee, a theology debate.

dGguZ2lm.jpeg

besides, with 5 days to go before the start of the season, conference realignment played out, and the game isn't going to be pushed back due to the heat, what else is there to talk about right?​

froginaustin

. . .

Make yourself at home!

EDIT: I get this way when my conference partner scru’s me over twice and then begs for a third chance to wreck my conference one more time.

This ^^^^

I find BYU loathsome because of their business practices related to athletics. This judgment is not related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints or any other religious organization.