• The KillerFrogs

Anyone still alive from the 1938 Championship?

calisuperfrog

Anyone have a grandpa or great grandpa who was alive during the last TCU national championship? My dad was born in 1940 so he has no insight really. I know they would have to be pushing 90+ but do we have anyone still around that could tell a cool story?

I think it's fascinating that this is a first time thing for pretty much every TCU football fan that is alive right now.
My kids Great Grandfather played with Sam Bough and Davey O on the ‘38 Natty. He was one of about 5-6 living member inducted as they honored their class for the Frog HOF. He was brought to tears and signed autographs like a celebrity. Awesome stuff.

Frog-O-Rama

My father, an OU alum and a veteran of WWII, remembered that team well. He grew up in Montana and said that his classmates thought of TCU as a football power house. He passed in 2014 at the age of 89.
Same here. My Dad was a Syracuse Alum '40 and when I decided to attend TCU he gave me the whole 1938 story. One day, I was fortunate enough to give him Davey O'Brien's autograph. He was pumped.

Boomhauer

proud-touched.gif