• The KillerFrogs

Anyone other than Hicks?

FROGDADDY

Wasn't it at 10 yesterday?

If so, that is a lot of $$$ being placed against us. I am officially worried.
I'd be worried too, if I cared enough about this game to be worried. At this point it wouldn't bother me one bit if we just played a bunch of young guys tonight.

JugbandFrog

In reality, no one will give two craps if we win or lose this game. No one will really remember, aside from CGP, who will ensure the team never forgets. 10 win season and transition to Big 12, this might as well be the exhibition Rocky had against Hulk Hogan.

FROGDADDY

In reality, no one will give two craps if we win or lose this game. No one will really remember, aside from CGP, who will ensure the team never forgets. 10 win season and transition to Big 12, this might as well be the exhibition Rocky had against Hulk Hogan.

Agree. Even the last part.

HFrog1999

There's one thing that Patterson and TCU need to learn how to do, and that's blow out teams without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings. This attitude of not wanting to run up the score ends up biting us in the [Craig James] against teams like SMU. TCU needs to look forward to games where they are heavily favored as an opportunity to RUTS and pad their stats. Otherwise, they don't prepare as well for those games and risk getting upset. That's why a lot of programs insist on running their offense no matter what the score is. Letting up is a bad habit to get into.

There's one thing that Patterson and TCU need to learn how to do, and that's blow out teams without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings. This attitude of not wanting to run up the score ends up biting us in the [Craig James] against teams like SMU. TCU needs to look forward to games where they are heavily favored as an opportunity to RUTS and pad their stats. Otherwise, they don't prepare as well for those games and risk getting upset. That's why a lot of programs insist on running their offense no matter what the score is. Letting up is a bad habit to get into.

What are you talking about? We were down 27-10 against SMU and had to come back to tie it in regulation. Not only that, but we did get asked to the Rose bowl last year, despite having multiple chances of running up the score last year.

Running it up doesn't help a team at all. Ask Baylor what happened the last time they did that (UNLV game).

HFrog1999

What are you talking about? We were down 27-10 against SMU and had to come back to tie it in regulation. Not only that, but we did get asked to the Rose bowl last year, despite having multiple chances of running up the score last year.

Running it up doesn't help a team at all. Ask Baylor what happened the last time they did that (UNLV game).

I'm not talking about running up the score to impress voters. I'm talking about using every game as a chance to score as many points as you can. It seems that we've had a bad habit of not preparing well for lesser opponents. I think one reason for that is our habit of playing conservative against lesser competition. There's something to be said for playing your offense ever game no matter who the opponent is. I'd prefer to see us come out ever week and step on other teams' throats and never let up, even if it's UC Davis or a directional Louisiana school.

I'd be more excited about tonight if I thought that Patterson would RUTS if he could and let our guys get some exciting points and yards.

FrogAbroad

...There's something to be said for playing your offense ever game no matter who the opponent is. I'd prefer to see us come out ever week and step on other teams' throats and never let up, even if it's UC Davis or a directional Louisiana school...

I think you make a very good point. Not only does a team tend to play like it practices, it tends to play like it plays. Establishing that "never let down" habit/mentality is important.

FROGDADDY

I think you make a very good point. Not only does a team tend to play like it practices, it tends to play like it plays. Establishing that "never let down" habit/mentality is important.
Who decided that never let up and never let down should mean the same thing?

TCUSA

You guys who say that nobody would notice if we lost this game are just being stupid because you don't like the bowl. Opposing Big12 fans wouldn't let you forget it--ever. Anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

TCUSA

Does anyone make fun of Bama for losing to Tech in 1999? I doubt it. People only remember 1 season or 2 at best.

What I've been hearing is that no one would have cared after today, or a week or a month from now. And that's idiocy. Believe me--we'll hear about the SMU loss every game next season. And it won't be over until we beat every team in the Big12 (unless we have a poorer performance between now and then). I'll promise you every opposing team's fans will bring up OSU's loss to Iowa State and OU's loss to Texas Tech next season. It's why those kinds of losses sting so badly. NOBODY "forgets" a bad loss until you whip them. And they don't give you points for playing the WAC champion or the best team LATech's had in 15 years--they just look at your previous schedules and an "L" against LATech would have meant we were only removed 1-12 games from a bad game instead of 8-20 games.

What I've been hearing is that no one would have cared after today, or a week or a month from now. And that's idiocy. Believe me--we'll hear about the SMU loss every game next season. And it won't be over until we beat every team in the Big12 (unless we have a poorer performance between now and then). I'll promise you every opposing team's fans will bring up OSU's loss to Iowa State and OU's loss to Texas Tech next season. It's why those kinds of losses sting so badly. NOBODY "forgets" a bad loss until you whip them. And they don't give you points for playing the WAC champion or the best team LATech's had in 15 years--they just look at your previous schedules and an "L" against

None of the matters. Anyone who truly watch the SMU game knows we got screwed by the refs. Anyone who watches football knows that OSU going 11-1 is tough to do and is just jealous their time did not. HATERS GONNA HATE. Will UT ever win 11 again? Doubtful.