• The KillerFrogs

Anybody Read This!

The TCU Football Jerk

Nothing will be fixed until they stop allowing kids to transfer without sitting out a season.

That would literally fix almost everything overnight. Just that one thing. And if they don’t change that, none of this other stuff is going to work.

Only way to do that is change the whole structure. Courts have already ruled the ncaa can't restrict kids movement. Only solution is to make them professionals. Employees of the schools, bound by contracts.

The TCU Football Jerk

Then that’s what needs to happen.

But I don’t think the courts ruled on that.

I was thinking it was a court case or threat of one. After research it looks like it wasn't. I can't believe it was possible for the ncaa to be even dumber than I already thought it was, but they are. Those buffoons actually thought the portal was just a good idea. A lazy compliance director for the ncaa named Susan Peal dreamed this up and thought it would be a good idea.

Endless Purple

The only goal of the NCAA over the past few years is to cower before the thought of a lawsuit and now they will agree to whatever will avoid another regardless of good or bad.

They care nothing about making a viable sports league.

Endless Purple

I posted elsewhere that this will simply allow the schools in the SEC and B1G to dominate even further as they will be the only ones able to pay the higher end of the payrolls (the $20 million end) due to their higher media contracts and higher CFP payouts.

No more Cinderella stories.

Sangria Wine

A lot of the transfer situation began because schools only make one year commitment to players. They could pull scholarships anytime along the way without recourse. Schools and the NCAA overplayed their hands and now it’s all hitting them in the mouth. All of this was predictable and avoidable. All could have been fair and reasonable for both sides. Now the toothpaste is all over the counter and there’s no getting it back in the tube.

Limey Frog

The ball may be moving faster that we think.
It needs to move fast. NCAA model has been sued into incoherence. At present rate of courtroom losses we'll just be abolishing revenue sports within two years if no alternative model is agreed.