• The KillerFrogs

another ring for sale on Ebay

ricksterh

I can't understand why anybody would buy a ring if you were not part of that team it would be meaningless. Just my opinion. :wacko:

weklfrog

I can't understand why anybody would buy a ring if you were not part of that team it would be meaningless. Just my opinion. :wacko:
completely agree. unless there are collectors out there who routinely collect those sorts of things but the asking price or even half that seems terribly steep for that. could be some fans who want a piece of that season as a momento but its hard to imagine the value for a fan would be anyhwere near the asking price.

Houston Frog

For someone with an arse-load of money, I could see collecting as many TCU Conference Championship rings as possible.... that would be cool to have and show people.

Trelvis

I would buy a Rose Bowl ring even though I wasnt part of the team. Would be something cool to display. If its sports memorabilia, then there are people who collect it. I know people who collect rings, helmets, bats, bases, shoes, shorts, wrist bands, etc...

McFroggin

I would buy a Rose Bowl ring even though I wasnt part of the team. Would be something cool to display. If its sports memorabilia, then there are people who collect it. I know people who collect rings, helmets, bats, bases, shoes, shorts, wrist bands, etc...

I agree. The problem with this WAC Champions ring is that TCU is now at a place to start churning out BCS rings. Would I purchase a TCU Rose Bowl ring in the future? maybe. Especially since we are likely to see rings in most BCS bowls in the future.

tetonfrog

No thanks, I prefer to block all memory of TCU ever being in the WAC.

Even LT? The Sun Bowl? We did great things in the WAC (including leaving). There is no MWC, no Fiesta Bowl, no Rose Bowl and no Big East bid without the WAC. More important, didn't we promote GP while we were in the WAC.

Just sayin'