• The KillerFrogs

Announce tomorrow

LisaLT

The dumbassery on FB is even more hilarious. Over 90 percent of the people over there on the TCU fan sites are pulling for GP to get an extension, and calling out anyone that wants GP to be let go trash. A few even talk about how we need to stop worrying so much about a football school and concentrate on the academics side of the school. This is the same kind of thinking that brought about the 70's, 80's, and early 90's that got us kicked to the curb by the BIG12 the first go around.
Ignorance is bliss I guess. Most of those people on FB don’t care about football so their opinions don’t matter.

Moose Stuff

I generally stay out of this stuff but was just told by a BoD he obviously wants the extension (we all know that) but nothing is signed/on the desk to be signed. (Posted with permission and anonymously.)

Though, as others have pointed out, the old $ largely favors an extension...so we shall see.
The old money is gonna have the stadium they paid for all to themselves. Although at this point I assume they don’t attend/watch the games if they want to give this [ Finebaum ]show an extension.

Pharm Frog

The dumbassery on FB is even more hilarious. Over 90 percent of the people over there on the TCU fan sites are pulling for GP to get an extension, and calling out anyone that wants GP to be let go trash. A few even talk about how we need to stop worrying so much about a football school and concentrate on the academics side of the school. This is the same kind of thinking that brought about the 70's, 80's, and early 90's that got us kicked to the curb by the BIG12 the first go around.

FWIW-Can do both. Should do both. What’s the saying about pissing excellence? Should permeate the thinking about everything that’s being done from residence living, to janitorial work, to athletics, to the classroom, to civic responsibility and volunteerism. Everything.

Pharm Frog

I generally stay out of this stuff but was just told by a BoD he obviously wants the extension (we all know that) but nothing is signed/on the desk to be signed. (Posted with permission and anonymously.)

Though, as others have pointed out, the old $ largely favors an extension...so we shall see.

With all due respect (and there’s much to be respected about your level of commitment), I really don’t think this is something that needs to be a matter of “we shall see”. There needs to be some pressure directed at those responsible for the ultimate decision and it needs to increase in intensity until there’s public declarations of desire for change. That we have enabled this level of outsourced decision-making in the first place is indicative of failed leadership or failed vision or both.

All I can do is hope that anyone who has been in favor of an extension is re-evaluating that stance as more information has become available. I can understand the sentiment that some long time GP hobnobbers might have had earlier in the season but there is no way any rational person should be wanting to sign up for more of what we’ve seen the last couple of weeks. The version of the GP that they are clinging to has left the building.

There needs to be some pressure directed at those responsible for the ultimate decision and it needs to increase in intensity until there’s public declarations of desire for change.
I (among others) have been banned from the island and whatever I have to say/suggest falls on deaf ears. I, while young, have to respect that my opinion is of no value sometimes, or perhaps often, in life.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
With all due respect (and there’s much to be respected about your level of commitment), I really don’t think this is something that needs to be a matter of “we shall see”. There needs to be some pressure directed at those responsible for the ultimate decision and it needs to increase in intensity until there’s public declarations of desire for change. That we have enabled this level of outsourced decision-making in the first place is indicative of failed leadership or failed vision or both.
This is what they're thinking now. What will they be thinking in 4 weeks?

Jackson

Coach P.
could probably make $6M a year at Nebraska. After the Scott Frost experiment a 6 win season would make him a hero!

The TCU Football Jerk

.500 would require improvement.

Yup. We're at .488 winning percentage for the past 4 years as of right now. Drops to .477 if the we lose next saturday, and barring any miracle we most likely will. Lets play this out further. .466 by the time we get to Kansas....

We should put a winning percentage up on the first page of the forum. Update it weekly. Big bold numbers.

Last edited:

The TCU Football Jerk

FWIW-Can do both. Should do both. What’s the saying about pissing excellence? Should permeate the thinking about everything that’s being done from residence living, to janitorial work, to athletics, to the classroom, to civic responsibility and volunteerism. Everything.

Got to be a big, hairy, American winning machine. If you ain't first....you're last!