• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

archifrog

You guys are all wound up about nothing...Coach P is the King and will bring the right mix of coaching talent to lead these young student athletes.....I for one would not be surprised to see ROB SALE hired on the offensive side....

CountryFrog

You guys are all wound up about nothing...Coach P is the King and will bring the right mix of coaching talent to lead these young student athletes.....I for one would not be surprised to see ROB SALE hired on the offensive side....
I love GP but he's not the king of anything. Lincoln Riley is currently king of the Big 12 and Saban is king of college football with Dabo coming on strong.

He seems like a fine coach but isn't he an OL coach and OC? Why would GP make Anderson the OL coach and then hire another OL coach to be the OC? Why not just hire him to do what he does right now?

Their head coach calls the plays. Sale is the OC in name only. He’s apparently never called plays.
Right, I believe someone mentioned that the other day in the discussion on the other site about another one of their coaches which is what made his theory about that hire confusing to me. I get that he could perhaps help out in scheme and especially the run game but we just named a guy to coach what he primarily does already.

netty2424

14 pages in and it looks like we’re still spelling the guys name Thompsen.

According to his former TCU bio, it’s Chris Thomsen.

Given the play of o-line this past season either the coaching sucked, the players sucked, or something in between. If coaching was a major factor then one should not be terribly upset at change. That being said addressing the change with a fart and fall down Coach in Anderson is a total mail it in move by GP. It is looking more and more likely that TCU is going to run out Cumbie and his tired ass failed offense which is again GP mailing it in. It has gotten to the point GP is so stubborn that TCU is at a schematic disadvantage on offense and defense against everyone in big 12 minus Kansas. I’m sure some of the sunshine pumpers will attempt to spin Anderson move as a positive and signals something big is on horizon. Unfortunately it’s not so get ready for healthy amount of bubble screens fade routes as well as 3 and outs.

Salfrog

Tier 1
He seems like a fine coach but isn't he an OL coach and OC? Why would GP make Anderson the OL coach and then hire another OL coach to be the OC? Why not just hire him to do what he does right now?

To be fair, GP does have 2 defensive line coaches. Fitch coaching the DT's, Sharp coaching the ends. Why would he not have 2 coaches coaching the offensive line, one coaching guards & one coaching tackles?

Froggish

Right, I believe someone mentioned that the other day in the discussion on the other site about another one of their coaches which is what made his theory about that hire confusing to me. I get that he could perhaps help out in scheme and especially the run game but we just named a guy to coach what he primarily does already.

Seems to be a high number of folks in these forums who throw out names without actually researching what their talking about. There is a slew of OCs / DCs around CFB who have that title in name only. Right now there some jackwaggon on the a PAC forum telling his buddies they should hire Glasgow as DC...

Seems to be a high number of folks in these forums who throw out names without actually researching what their talking about. There is a slew of OCs / DCs around CFB who have that title in name only. Right now there some jackwaggon on the a PAC forum telling his buddies they should hire Glasgow as DC...
Does this same team also need an OC? I could make a recommendation.