• The KillerFrogs

An Aggie Coworker...

Moose Stuff

Just saying there was more smoke than you were aware of or were letting on.

Couldn't care less man. Made sense for Aggies to give it a shot, always thought it would be next to impossible to get Gary to leave at this point. But people make goofy decisions when they get to his age. Happy to see him finish in funkytown.

There’s no REAL smoke and hasn’t been for years. Gary plays the game but without any intention of actually listening. I just spent 2 hours with two people who would ABSOLUTELY know and asked them point blank.

Last edited:

TCU_91

There’s no REAL smoke and hasn’t been for years. Gary plays the game but without any intention of actually listening. I just spent 2 hours with two people who would ABSOLUTLEY know and asked them point blank.

I don't agree with Moose very often but this is as True as you're going to get.

And BTW I hold no animosity towards Gary using the system to achieve fair market value for him and the assistants.

He is worth every penny.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
No, almost EVERYONE knew Gary isn’t going anywhere. There are still a few ignorant TCU fans that think Gary might leave, despite it being VERY CLEAR he is never going anywhere.

I don’t worry the slightest bit anymore about any job coming open. He’s never leaving. He’s retiring a TCU legend.

Plus I don’t think Kelsey will let him leave Fort Worth.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No, almost EVERYONE knew Gary isn’t going anywhere. There are still a few ignorant TCU fans that think Gary might leave, despite it being VERY CLEAR he is never going anywhere.

I don’t worry the slightest bit anymore about any job coming open. He’s never leaving. He’s retiring a TCU legend.
I think there are certain fans that deep down hopes he leaves so they can continue to complain about everything TCU and feed their little man syndrome. It's very strange.

JurisFrog

Just saying there was more smoke than you were aware of or were letting on.

Couldn't care less man. Made sense for Aggies to give it a shot, always thought it would be next to impossible to get Gary to leave at this point. But people make goofy decisions when they get to his age. Happy to see him finish in funkytown.

Thanks for the info turtleneck. That has been Patterson's pattern at every extension.

Big Frog II

During Thanksgiving a particular Aggy in law was telling me how they were going to get CGP because naturally A&M is a top 5 job and he's tired of playing in front of 10k people, blah blah blah.Was very pleased to send him the link to the extension news yesterday and of course haven't received a response.
A top 5 job, and playing before 10,000 fans. This guy is a dumb a** too.

W

Way of the Frog

We sure the source of this "inside" information was those $9.95 morons over at IT who have been saying for months that Gary would end up at A&M and that would open the door for Del Conte to take the much better job in Austin?

Moose Stuff

During Thanksgiving a particular Aggy in law was telling me how they were going to get CGP because naturally A&M is a top 5 job and he's tired of playing in front of 10k people, blah blah blah.Was very pleased to send him the link to the extension news yesterday and of course haven't received a response.

The problem with Aggies and Longhorns telling us they’re gonna get one of our coaches is that they don’t actually have any concrete info it’s gonna happen. They simply hear that their schools are interested in one of our coaches and automatically assume they can get him. See Cumbie to UT as an example.