• The KillerFrogs

All of it Boils Down to This .....

SnoSki

Not sure why some are convinced that TCU would "rarely" win the B12. We would've won last year. And perhaps 3-4 other times this decade.

WIN

I care. He runs it for UT. There are reasons why aTm and Nebraska left. I don't know why we should expect it to be better for us. UT writes the rules to benefit them and damage their conference mates. Nebraska was a bigtime program before UT got their claws in them.

There were qualification issues with nebraska players in the big 12, has that changed with the big 10?

Ummm.....TCU outside the power-conferences with a Fiesta Bowl appearance and Rose Bowl Victory.....relevant.

Teams like Baylor and Iowa State in a "power-conference".....irrelevant.

I'm talking about in the future. The rules are going to change. The paradigm is going to change. Think longer-term.

HFrog1999

Big 12 is here for a while, maybe a long while. OU and Texas like it and evidently nobody really wants them and their baggage. Now the big east is starting to smell like old tuna.
Or maybe gone tomorrow. Missouri may go SEC, PAC 12 could decide to expand and take OU. The only teams that
haven't tried to leave are Baylor, Iowa State and the Kansas schools.

I think a lot of people are over valuing the big 12 and under valuing TCU.

bscttyb

Or maybe gone tomorrow. Missouri may go SEC, PAC 12 could decide to expand and take OU. The only teams that
haven't tried to leave are Baylor, Iowa State and the Kansas schools.

I think a lot of people are over valuing the big 12 and under valuing TCU.

If TCU does get the invite, I'm sure they will due their due diligence to make sure the conference is somewhat stable. If the teams announce they will sign over their 1st and 2nd tier rights to the conference for 6 years that makes it more stable than the Big East.

HFrog1999

If TCU does get the invite, I'm sure they will due their due diligence to make sure the conference is somewhat stable. If the teams announce they will sign over their 1st and 2nd tier rights to the conference for 6 years that makes it more stable than the Big East.
If TCU goes big 12 I will be fine with it because I faith the admin will make the right decision. If they turn it down, I am afraid some around here will melt down.

BelushiBob

If TCU goes big 12 I will be fine with it because I faith the admin will make the right decision. If they turn it down, I am afraid some around here will melt down.

If they made an offer. I would want a signed contract notarized, videotaped signing in blood.

I hear Deloss is making an offer conditional on playing with 10 players on the field. And they have to play both ways.

FROGDADDY

I've said it more than once and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it, if we turn down a Big 12 offer to remain in the BE I will strongly question continuing to support our program. Unless we turn it down based on definitive knowledge of OU, UT, OSU, Tech, and Mizzou leaving the league.

angelo's frog

If they turn it down, you are right. There will be a melt down and it will be justified. We will be known as the school that chickened out. Like tech backing out of their game with us x10000

OmniscienceFrog

I doubt anybody here would ever know for sure that they turned it down, if they did. The offer likely would never come publicly without TCU having already said they would accept.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
I agree. Big XII without a doubt. Dominate the Big XII, win a MNC. Win the Big East (whatever is left?), a Sugar Bowl invite?

If you want to fill Amon Carter, join the Big XII. Can't puss out if we get the opportunity. Talk about looking forward to Saturday's in October!

DF

I think we'd have to go to the Big 12. Short term it opens up the best doors to keep growing (although I think we'd be fine short term in either situation). However, long term, I not think between the rebuilt BE or patchwork B-12 it makes a huge difference. Both are temporary stopping places until the true superconferences are formed.