• The KillerFrogs

All of it Boils Down to This .....

HFrog1999

How in the hell is the B12 a worse deal than the BE, again?
By offering TCU less TV money, a ridiculous exit clause, conditions on where we play our games (ie Jerry World for UT or OU), screwing with our schedule, all sorts of stuff . Don't underestimate UT's ability to write an offer that's good for them and terrible for us.

I want to be in the best most stable conference we can be in, I'm just willing to admit that I know very little about the situation. The Big 12 may be good for us, or it may be horrible. I trust CDC and Boschini to figure that out. I think they've earned our trust.

ShreveFrog

Would you rather be a little/mid-sized fish in a big pond, such as The Big 12 with the opportunity to win enough games to make it to a mid-level bowl? Rarely win a conference championship and making a National Championship game almost out of reach.

I haven't read this through this thread because you lost me there. Who says we'd be a small/mid-sized fish in the Big XII? Besides you? We'd be a threat to win it just about every year. With chances for an nc.

I'm sorry if my thoughts were already posted. No I'm not.

rifram09

By offering TCU less TV money, a ridiculous exit clause, conditions on where we play our games (ie Jerry World for UT or OU), screwing with our schedule, all sorts of stuff . Don't underestimate UT's ability to write an offer that's good for them and terrible for us.

I want to be in the best most stable conference we can be in, I'm just willing to admit that I know very little about the situation. The Big 12 may be good for us, or it may be horrible. I trust CDC and Boschini to figure that out. I think they've earned our trust.

Well I can agree with you that I have no clue what the details might be to some theoretical invitation that is far from realistic at this point. I further agree that I trust CDC to laugh in the face of a deal that is that one sided. But the things you mentioned are rediculous, and all CDC would have to do is speak to the media about the absurd offer the B12 gave us, and it would be all over the news. The B12 won't invite us and do that. If they invite us, it will be a reasonable deal.