• The KillerFrogs

Aledo wins again...

sketchy

One, or both of my daughters have been students at Aledo ISD, for 9 of the 10 championships.......and they no more give a rats ass about football, than I do ballet.
:)

But still, it is pretty cool......and I wish my old buddy Tony was still around, to have covered this!!

Congrats Aledo!!

Double D

Tier 1
A couple of former Horned Frogs have sons on the Aledo team.
Mooney
Lewellyn
Epperson*

*a great TCU Athletics Executive let me know about the Epperson kid. I did not know about him.
Thanks!

Last edited:

HFrog1999

From morning Startlegram (Brian Gosset):

“When Aldo's Ethan McBrayer tore his right ACL in September, it looked like his senior year was going to be a complete wash. McBrayer arrived in Aledo last spring, hoping to become the Bearcat's starting quarterback. He was all-state at Godley in 2019 when he threw for 2,738 yards and 33 touchdowns.”

Be interesting to know who is Aledo's recruiter, and whether he would be interested in coming to TCU.

If TCU was winning 10 National Championships, we’d get any player we’d want.

Pharm Frog

If TCU was winning 10 National Championships, we’d get any player we’d want.

This is true. When I lived in Oklahoma I got several calls from people asking for advice about moving into Aledo. My father (a retired superintendent of schools) told my wife and I when we were moving back to Texas about 22 years ago that we were free to live anywhere we wanted but that his grandchildren would go to school in Aledo. (And my father did not live in Aledo nor has ever lived in Aledo)

Get the idea? Even at that time...pre-FB title run he identified Aledo as a place up-and-coming and believed you want schools that want to excel in everything from one-act-play to science fair to football. FWIW - he also believes that high schools should be about the size of the former 3-A / 4-A thresholds.

HFrog1999

This is true. When I lived in Oklahoma I got several calls from people asking for advice about moving into Aledo. My father (a retired superintendent of schools) told my wife and I when we were moving back to Texas about 22 years ago that we were free to live anywhere we wanted but that his grandchildren would go to school in Aledo. (And my father did not live in Aledo nor has ever lived in Aledo)

Get the idea? Even at that time...pre-FB title run he identified Aledo as a place up-and-coming and believed you want schools that want to excel in everything from one-act-play to science fair to football. FWIW - he also believes that high schools should be about the size of the former 3-A / 4-A thresholds.

We didn’t move to Aledo because the homes in our price range had tiny yards.