• The KillerFrogs

AD Donati Getting an Earful on Twitter

LeagueCityFrog

https://mobile.twitter.com/jdonati_tcu?lang=en

Plus 4 people strike again.

In other news, TCU is projected to barely make a bowl still, playing South Carolina in the Liberty Bowl. If that is the case, I predict a low TCU fan turnout after being in Memphis two years ago. I hope we win enough to play in the Houston Bowl. Turnout would be better for the Frogs at that bowl and maybe a better launch point for 2019.

https://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/bowls/predictions

The chances of us making a bowl game are way premature and silly at this point.

LeagueCityFrog

All this is proof that jobs of all kinds, from AD to assistant coaches to that person cooking the burger 15 minutes late at Amon Carter yesterday according to Twitter, are really tied to Gary's performance. Gary is winning, all is good in FrogLand including the slow burger. Gary ain't winning, all these people come out of the woodwork. CDC knew this well and planted an awesome Ohio State bomb on his way out the door. Such a sneaky guy to plant this landmine years before he left for UT. Wink wink. Go Frogs...Let's beat the Jayhawks and get this season back on track! We have had the #3 recruiting class in the Big 12 for the last couple of years, KU has had the worst, let' prove it next Saturday.

This will be an unpopular post, but somebody has to speak up for the other side.

TCU doesn't have enough fans to fill a 35K stadium, let alone a 50K seat one. Want to take my +4 away because Tech or OU fans bought them from my sister, who bought them from me? Want my other individual seats I sell on StubHub? TCU has my money. This is a stupid conversation.

Trying to establish chain of custody for anyone's season tickets is beyond ridiculous. Furthermore, nobody can guarantee that, if TCU takes back +4 tickets, that the next person who buys them will always be at every game, or that they only sell them to TCU fans who won't turn around and sell them to opposing fans. This is absurd.

If there was enough demand for TCU tickets, then those seats would be filled by TCU fans, not opposing fans. Are you sad because you don't have enough priority points to own the seats you want? Then buy the seats on StubHub before the Tech and OU fans do. Then sell your end zone tickets to the Tech and OU fans. Yes, you'll pay a premium, but guess what? So has everyone else with enough priority points to have those coveted seats you want. Get mad at me all you want, but these are just facts.

jake102

This will be an unpopular post, but somebody has to speak up for the other side.

TCU doesn't have enough fans to fill a 35K stadium, let alone a 50K seat one. Want to take my +4 away because Tech or OU fans bought them from my sister, who bought them from me? Want my other individual seats I sell on StubHub? TCU has my money. This is a stupid conversation.

Trying to establish chain of custody for anyone's season tickets is beyond ridiculous. Furthermore, nobody can guarantee that, if TCU takes back +4 tickets, that the next person who buys them will always be at every game, or that they only sell them to TCU fans who won't turn around and sell them to opposing fans. This is absurd.

If there was enough demand for TCU tickets, then those seats would be filled by TCU fans, not opposing fans. Are you sad because you don't have enough priority points to own the seats you want? Then buy the seats on StubHub before the Tech and OU fans do. Then sell your end zone tickets to the Tech and OU fans. Yes, you'll pay a premium, but guess what? So has everyone else with enough priority points to have those coveted seats you want. Get mad at me all you want, but these are just facts.

Why do you have seats you don’t use? This is very simple. I have given away my seats to TCU fans I know to every game but OU, it’s really easy to make sure TCU people watch the game.

nwlafrog

Sell them to frogs, give them to co workers at the office who will rep the frogs and if that fails sell them at the stadium to some frogs. Selling to the opponents fan base should be a last resort unless they are family or a friend who is close enough to be family. Don’t buy season Tickets that will go unused by frogs and turned for profit. Keep the stadium purple and have some pride.

Also, Our in game atmosphere this season has been weak, imo. This is not a tough place to play. Players feed off of a rowdy and loud crowd and I haven’t seen much of that this season.

Moose Stuff

It seems pretty simple to me...... there are people that have access to really good seats that never use them and often sell them to opposing fans. There are TCU fans that would happily buy these season tickets if they had access to them. Those people should be sitting in those seats if the original owner refuses to attend or get them in the hands of TCU people.

The comment about not having 35,000 fans is just ignorant.

LeagueCityFrog

It seemed like TCU was in the 35,000 range of fans for the Ohio State game. It seemed like almost 40% TCU, 60% Ohio State. As for noise, the loudest TCU game I have ever been to was the 2009 Utah game with College GameDay in Fort Worth for the 1st time. The new stadium, perhaps, doesn't keep noise in as much. It was rocking on a Thursday night game against WVU when their coach Dana Holgerson high fived Boykin on a great play, so I know it can get loud. Hopefully the east side addition and the larger and wider Jumbotron that is going in this off season will help keep some of the noise in the stadium when we are on defense. My suggestion is getting all over the assistant coaches this week to do better if this thing is going to turn around this season. The stadium noise will increase accordingly for the last two home games. God forbid if we lose to either Kansas or Baylor or both. Baylor's whole football program just got gutted and KU's is about to be gutted. If we lose to either one of them, then there needs to be a long look into the purple mirror. Just sayin'. Go Frogs and Beat those Pesky Jayhawks!

nwlafrog

upload_2018-10-21_16-53-49.gif

Then make someone a TCU fan.... I’ll probably be bringing some Gator fans next season for a game if we have season tix available from our group that will go unused. I brought LSU fans for the Arkansas game a few years ago. Football fans like football. Bring them out and toss them some t shirts from academy.

kidkarr

It seemed like TCU was in the 35,000 range of fans for the Ohio State game. It seemed like almost 40% TCU, 60% Ohio State. As for noise, the loudest TCU game I have ever been to was the 2009 Utah game with College GameDay in Fort Worth for the 1st time. The new stadium, perhaps, doesn't keep noise in as much. It was rocking on a Thursday night game against WVU when their coach Dana Holgerson high fived Boykin on a great play, so I know it can get loud. Hopefully the east side addition and the larger and wider Jumbotron that is going in this off season will help keep some of the noise in the stadium when we are on defense. My suggestion is getting all over the assistant coaches this week to do better if this thing is going to turn around this season. The stadium noise will increase accordingly for the last two home games. God forbid if we lose to either Kansas or Baylor or both. Baylor's whole football program just got gutted and KU's is about to be gutted. If we lose to either one of them, then there needs to be a long look into the purple mirror. Just sayin'. Go Frogs and Beat those Pesky Jayhawks!
When a primary area of your stadium (west lower) is not very populated by frogs, whether the seats are just empty, too spaced out, or occupied by opposition, it is tough to get the needed volume on both sides of the stadium. I feel like the students have done a solid job on the east side. We need that same volume from lower west to collide midfield with the east noise! Noise from the top of the stadium dissipates more quickly.

I disagree with notion that TCU did not have enough fans to fill a 35K at the end of the MWC era. The last home game against Utah more than proved it with the stadium having over 50K Frog fans. Unfortunately, the athletic department decided to over leverage the growth of the popularity of TCU football at the wrong time. The athletic department wrongfully gambled on the loyalty of Frog fans who had been season ticket holders for several decades of losing seasons. As. a result, I suspect there a number of former season ticket holders that will have nothing to do with TCU at all.

With all that being said, I do not have a problem with the priority point system or adding the + 4 option for existing season ticket holders. The problem was with how it was implemented. In computing the priority point level, they way overvalued recent donations over years of loyalty. The original priority point formula also did not account for donation to TCU outside the athletic department as well. As a result of all of this, you might very well have people / businesses that never were involved with TCU that got better tickets in reseating that had zero to do with TCU 10 years ago.

On a personal level, I did benefit from how things turned out. I was able to get 6 better season tickets on the East Side than I had already had. In taking advantage of the +4, I added 4 additional seats on the front row of the West Side close to the End Zone. On occasion, I do give some of my tickets to some friends that I've known for years that are fans of KSU, UT, and Tech. There are also a number of times I've given tickets to number of friends that otherwise not able to afford tickets. In fact, every year I will give my 6 East Side season tickets to a good friend who is a TCU Alum who otherwise financially cannot afford tickets so that his wife and 3 kids and a friend of the kids to go the game. The three kids are huge Frog fans. One of them might very well turn out to be a good enough of a high school football player to earn a scholarship at TCU. As far as unused tickets go, I would rather keep my extras than to sell them to on Stub hub or other online ticket brokers that put them in the hands of unknown visiting fans.

LeagueCityFrog

I'll remind some of those out there that want better seats today there are a couple of them still available in the east side expansion project including one suite still for you and 23 of your closest friends. #moneytalks

McFroggin

Why do you have seats you don’t use? This is very simple. I have given away my seats to TCU fans I know to every game but OU, it’s really easy to make sure TCU people watch the game.

Disagree. Many alumni no longer live in Ft Worth including many of my friends (I’m 4 hours away). Also most of my friends are too busy to drive up for a game or won’t leave some family behind (I’ve got 2 tix). I tried 8 friends even for the OU game before I gave up. I’m too busy to bother begging non-OU fans to take my seats. Lastly, my tix aren’t that good. People aren’t lining up to drive hours for 2nd level endzone seats to see our floundering unranked team. End result was selling them to possible OU fans. There isn’t money to be made selling TCU tix, at least not mine. TCU got my money. They should be pleased.

jake102

If there were enough TCU fans to fill the seats, then TCU fans would fill the seats. Some of you are delusional, in denial, or both.

So why was it so different in 2009 and 2010?

No, the real problem is that people bought/buy seats for people they can’t account for. If you know that you will use two seats every game, why buy four seats? For the one game a year you bring two extra?

The moment they hit Stubhub it’s a numbers game, one that TCU will always lose.