• The KillerFrogs

A soul-searing time of the world

Limp Lizard

When I will have to root for the SMU (SMU-Houston) and the aggies (aTm-UT) and UT (UT vs Kansas St....sorry, Gary) and Baylor (Baylor and UT). I at least have reasons for those patterns: it helps TCU directly. Never understood why the aggies always rooted against UT when the longhorns played OOC teams. I have always felt like a conference was like a family or other such group: you beat up on each other, but defend your members against outsiders(like New Frog Fan defends the SEC). Also works for companies, clubs, etc. Unless it matters to TCU next year, I will just appreciate the individual teams for their merits, except for conference games involving whoever becomes our "rival."
Of course hopefully SMU stays real rival. (I think they are already there: nearly always a close game and a win every 4 or 5 years) The younger posters here have no idea how bitter it was just a few years ago. Still remember how the SMEW baseball team walked a star hitter every time to keep him from getting the national HR record. Stuff like that went along a bunch back then.

SouthTexasToad

I am rooting for SMU to beat UH simply to help our cause, but unless SMU runs the ball all game long, they don't stand a chance.

I am rooting for Baylor and Kansas State because they are playing Texas. It is too gratifying to see UT lose, even if them beating K-State helps our cause.

I am rooting for A&M because I want them to be bowl eligible (they should be after Kansas next week). I am afraid Houston won't lose out, and we will be left out of a BCS bowl. The only thing that would make that better is some freak chance to get to face the Aggies in a bowl game. There is a long standing score to settle, and short of them somehow making it to a Cotton Bowl some year that we manage to go, I don't see us getting that chance.

Earlier in the season, I thought A&M was the second best Texas team, behind Houston. After the Aggies being Aggies and choking it, they have dropped. I think the Frogs stand to administer a severe game to them if given the opportunity. If the stars were to align in just the right way to set both teams up in a bowl, tell me it wouldn't be cool to face the team we are 'replacing', and leave them with a loss as they go to the SEC. Twenty-some odd years of scoreboard sucks and needs to be taken care of.

Stiff Arm Frog

I just can't really get into the whole, rooting-for-one-team-over-another-because-it-helps-TCU-thing this year. I stopped dreaming of BCS bowls this year back in September, so to end up making one at this point would just be icing on the cake. I certainly am not going to worry myself over it.

I hope Houston wins out, because like us they got pushed to the curb after the disgusting Big12 merger and have since built their program back up by way of hard work and perseverance. I'd also like to see them get a new stadium and a Big12 invite, and them making a BCS game helps those causes. Pretty much the same goes for SMU, but until they either stop massively falling short in everything they do, or quit sniffing each others butts, it's hard to pull for them.

By contrast, Baylor and the Aggies are cut from the same cloth. Both are incredibly obnoxious, and I wish them nothing but failure, mostly because it's so entertaining to watch them curt it so often that they're both basically the modern equivalent of Sisyphus. Besides, what would we do for fun without material like this?

I will never root against Kansas State, at least as far as I can tell. Some of my best buds are from Kansas, and I'm in favor of any school that wears purple.

I will never root for Texas, ever. They are pure evil, the embodiment of the very worst of what college athletics has become.

angelo's frog

Screw SMU and their crooked CUSA refs. I hope June leaves them after this season and they drop back into 2-10 territory for the remainder of the century. Think the Big East is having second thought about right now?

Screaming Flea

Here's the problem with SMU. They have very little depth. At this time of the season everyone is banged up and sore. If it was at the beginning of the season, I'd give them a good chance to beat UH.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Heh. I wonder if that same CUSA crew that screwed us out of a win officiates the UH-SMU game... The fix may be in!

One can always hope for game outcomes that are favorable to the Frogs. One can also revel in some juicy schadenfruede at the expense of UT. I don't know of any fan base that takes losing so... dramatically! Makes it all the more fun to see them whine and cry...

After a while you start feeling sorry for Aggy. I mean, after all, it's Aggy. With the UT types, there's nothing sweeter than a UT t-shirt fan standing there in Darrel K. Royal/Memorial Stadium, in his $250 seat, gap-toothed bride right there by her maaan (at another $250), both clad in Wal-Mart replica UT gamer jerseys with the remains of $10 hotdogs and $9 drinks strewn about their feet, in open mouthed astonishment that their Longhorns stunk up the joint yet again... The mere thought brings a happy tear to my eye.

froghair

As the loyal fan of a Non-AQ school, I've spent the last several years rooting against the Big 12 schools. In the MWC, I had a certain affinity for the other conference members because we were all fighting the same fight. I am having a hard time reprogramming my brain to actually root for our new conference brothers. I still look at them as the enemy.