• The KillerFrogs

A&M player sounds off on ending Texas - Texas A&M game

frogfan72

Wow the arrogance. I know this has been discussed, but I had not seen this quote posted...

Texas-Texas A&M rivalry won’t continue next season
By KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer

This Thanksgiving one of college football’s oldest and most storied rivalries will be put on indefinite hold when Texas and Texas A&M meet for the last time as Big 12 foes.

The Aggies wanted to continue the series when they left for the Southeastern Conference in July, but the Longhorns told the Aggies that their non-conference schedule is full through 2018.

These schools, separated by just 105 miles, first met in 1894 and have played every year since 1915. It is usually the last regular-season game for both teams and is an event that people in the state and beyond watch as a holiday tradition.

Some, like Texas A&M sophomore Travis Straub, are mad at the Longhorns for not accommodating Texas A&M. Straub is already looking ahead to this year’s game against Texas, and he wore a shirt with the date of the game emblazoned on the back in large, maroon block letters on Saturday.

“I just think they need to get over their pride because they can be pretty arrogant sometimes,” Straub said. “It’s their loss, not ours.”

[font="arial][size="2"]...[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Texas-Texas A&M rivalry won’t continue next season
[/size][/font]

Well if its "their loss, not ours", then why is he complaining? No big deal right? Its not as if A&M mentions Texas in their fight song or anything like that.

Plus, they can start up a whole new tradition playing LSU every Thanksgiving. I'm sure Arkansas won't mind dropping their end of season opponent for the past 20 years.

SoonerFrogs

Aggy is king of delusion. Theyve also never won anything without cheating. There is good reason nobody outside of College Station gives a damn about A&M football. As my dad used to say, "its a damn shame they both cant lose".

TCUdirtbag

Aggy made their own bed. Now they have to sleep in it. They wants irrelevance, Texas told them they wouldn't play them OOC. Now A&M has to live with the consequences of its actions. These are lessons most of us learn as children. Then again, Aggy is just a child.

I'll actually pull for UT in this game.

Kaiser

aTm defines itself through Texas hate. Without Texas, they are lost and don't have an identity.

It's going to look so dumb in the years to come when their fans are singing on & on & on about a school they don't compete against in anything. They might as well sing about Oregon State.

Limp Lizard

aggies are the quintessential "can dish it out but not take it" types. Hang around them an you will hear a whine a minute. But they have no problem being one of the most penalized schools in the NCAA, kicking onside kicks with a 40+ point lead, terrorizing school bands, etc, etc, always with an excuse of "they started it." Worst fans I have ever, ever seen about rubbing in a Frog loss (even when they are not playing)!

Second best thing about the Big XII now is no aggie (best thing is TCU will be a member next year).

worthag03

Travis Straub is a student, not a player. His comment does come off as childish, but it does have at least a little validity to it. Texas will not have a single signature home game on its schedule next year, especially if Mizzou leaves. Not that it matters in the long run, this six year agreement will be nullified once they think it's beneficial enough to go independent. Hopefully y'all can whip their asses enough to keep that from happening. I won't mind that one bit.

BelushiBob

Travis Straub is a student, not a player. His comment does come off as childish, but it does have at least a little validity to it. Texas will not have a single signature home game on its schedule next year, especially if Mizzou leaves. Not that it matters in the long run, this six year agreement will be nullified once they think it's beneficial enough to go independent. Hopefully y'all can whip their asses enough to keep that from happening. I won't mind that one bit.

Remember what happened to Arkansas when it left the SWC. Dummm DA Dummm Dummm Da!!

Latest posts