• The KillerFrogs

A Beautiful Day in Lubbock for Baseball

Pharm Frog

Several years back, I went to Oxford, MS for a game against Ol Miss, only to have the game cancelled due to sub-40 degree weather that I was informed would endanger equipment, specifically the bats. Anyone know if this is still the case?

Later that evening, hunkered down in Clarkdale, MS during a freak ice storm after watching a show at Ground Zero blues club.

My understanding is that a part of BBCOR testing is stamina in cold weather. I have no idea if this is true but that what I was told by a Demarini rep during the introduction of BBCOR. I do know that the BESR bats had a tendency to dent in cold weather.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
My understanding is that a part of BBCOR testing is stamina in cold weather. I have no idea if this is true but that what I was told by a Demarini rep during the introduction of BBCOR. I do know that the BESR bats had a tendency to dent in cold weather.

Yes, cold definitely affects equipment presentation and performance.

tenor.gif

ScottPatrick

From Easton:

Does cold weather affect my bat?
Aluminum bats, especially those higher performance models with thinner walls should not be used in temperatures below 50 degrees. The problem is not so much the bat as it is the ball. Cold temperatures make the composition of the ball denser, especially the new 'Compacted Core' Balls being offered. This puts unusual stress on the bat walls which will result in denting. Bats may also be sensitive to very hot temperatures and should not be stored in areas that are exposed to high heat, such as car trunks. Bat failure due to misuse in extreme temperatures is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Paint It Purple

Ok, this was a discussion about Tech and game conditions, but someone has to make a political statement.

Nobody is blaming the oil industry, except for their campaign of disinformation, a la the tobacco industry in the twentieth century. Many things go toward good medicine and clean water But global warming is a fact, evolution is a fact, but a flat earth is not a fact. Disrespect of real scientists is leading toward this country having to look to other countries for scientific and technical innovation. Good luck for trying to buy top military technology from China.

If you are going to make political statements make them unproven ones like building a wall against Mexico will help the country. No trying to dispute scientific fact.
Oh grasshopper. So confused and mis-directed.