• The KillerFrogs

#4 TCU @ Kansas --- GAME / GAMEDAY THREAD

SwissArmyFrog

One other thing re: Baylor/TCU.

There are still 2 team that Baylor would need to jump before even considering jumping TCU.  Right now, those teams are ASU and Alabama (iirc). 

At this point, it would seem that any switch between Baylor and TCU would have to involved the Frogs losing or playing poorly. 

It doesn't yet seem to be a situation where a team can leap 3 spots  - 2 other teams the committee feels have the edge on Baylor, plus TCU - solely based on the SOS and H2H (right now, the committee has shown us that Baylor's loss to WVU trumps the H2H, and this same kind of situation has happened many times over the years). 

If other teams allow Baylor to move up those 2 spots prior to the last week, or if TCU plays rather poorly, that's another matter, clearly.  But right now, it seems that the various talking heads seem to be talking as if Baylor and TCU are next to each other in the rankings, which they are not.

It seems to me (ha!) that at *this* stage, it will only be wins/losses and how we perform on the field that will settle the issue.  I think the SOS and H2H and WVU have already 'spoken' to the committee, and they've got us ahead, for now.

That said, I have no real expectations.  Anything could happen.  It would be sad to get so close to the playoffs but not make it (just based on the fact that these opportunities don't come around very often!) so I'm just trying to enjoy this great season and the excitement of the Frogs' wins.

Dogfrog

Also look for Ohio State to possibly jump Baylor if they beat a ranked Minny today while Baylor is idle. Both Ohio St and Baylor have losses to unranked teams.

cdsfrog

Radar doesn't look bad. Looks great. Everything is move east not south.

Screen_Shot_2014_11_15_at_11_09_59_AM.png

Long Time Lurker

Waiting for the Direct TV guy is torture. What's my alternative if the guy shows up on the late side of "sometime between 1200 and 1600." Keep in mind I can't leave the house so where on the Internet is best to go to watch? Sorry....I know this question is asked nearly every week, but I never paid attention because it was never a concern.

Purp

SwissArmyFrog said:
One other thing re: Baylor/TCU.

There are still 2 team that Baylor would need to jump before even considering jumping TCU.  Right now, those teams are ASU and Alabama (iirc). 

At this point, it would seem that any switch between Baylor and TCU would have to involved the Frogs losing or playing poorly. 

It doesn't yet seem to be a situation where a team can leap 3 spots  - 2 other teams the committee feels have the edge on Baylor, plus TCU - solely based on the SOS and H2H (right now, the committee has shown us that Baylor's loss to WVU trumps the H2H, and this same kind of situation has happened many times over the years). 

If other teams allow Baylor to move up those 2 spots prior to the last week, or if TCU plays rather poorly, that's another matter, clearly.  But right now, it seems that the various talking heads seem to be talking as if Baylor and TCU are next to each other in the rankings, which they are not.

It seems to me (ha!) that at *this* stage, it will only be wins/losses and how we perform on the field that will settle the issue.  I think the SOS and H2H and WVU have already 'spoken' to the committee, and they've got us ahead, for now.

That said, I have no real expectations.  Anything could happen.  It would be sad to get so close to the playoffs but not make it (just based on the fact that these opportunities don't come around very often!) so I'm just trying to enjoy this great season and the excitement of the Frogs' wins.
I don't think the fact that our defense is solid and well respected while Baylor's defense is highly suspect has been lost on the committee either.  They view us as a much more complete team than Baylor b/c we have proven we can win games with defense or offense.  Baylor cannot win a game with its defense.  The committee has and will continue to consider this.

Purp

flyfishingfrog said:
Not snowing now at stadium

Cold but not terrible

Little windy
Little windy makes me nervous.  Wind on a cold day makes the cold feel much worse.  At least it's less windy than WVU was looks like no precipitation.  I feel like we can play in this, but it is definitely colder than WVU was so hopefully the wind isn't too bad.

FrogFrog

I'm starting to think that if TCU, Baylor, and OSU win out, the Committee chooses between TCU and OSU.

It seems like they hate them some Baylor.