• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU transfer Micah Peavy has committed to Georgetown

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU transfer Micah Peavy has committed to Georgetown​

Brandon Jenkins

12355398.jpeg

TCU transfer Micah Peavy has committed to Georgetown as a grad transfer, a source tells 247Sports.

A 6-foot-8, 215-pound forward out of Cibolo (Texas) Peavy appeared in 34 games for the Horned Frogs this season and averaged 10.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 2.6 assists per game on 45.8 percent shooting from the field.

A two-time transfer, Peavy originally began his college career at Texas Tech and transferred to TCU after Chris Beard was hired at Texas.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/a...-micah-peavy-georgetown-commitment-230054569/

Dogfrog

He announced last month he was entering the portal. Good young man and hope he does well. IMO he is still seeking to reach his potential. We have high level freshman talent coming in, as well as two talented redshirts, along with transfers. It’s going to be a transition year.

An-Cap Frog

Overall team defense must improve. Peavy was the best defender last year and quite often was guarding the other team's top scorer. I felt like he was better against bigger players and struggled against small guards. That is not a knock on him in anyway that was just an indictment on the defensive ability of our guards that Peavy was our best option. If he could bring up his 3-point percentage up a bit and add about a 10% to his free throw percentage, basically get into the 70's, he could have a great final season to his career. I'll miss him as a fan as he was fun to watch. He was a Big-12 honorable mention for a reason.

East Coast

Tier 1
He's graduated, and wants to be more of the focus on offense. I think NBA people have told him if he wants a chance he needs to show potential in that area. He wasn't going to get that here, so good luck to him.

Latest posts