• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU QB Josh Hoover Will Miss Spring Camp

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU QB Josh Hoover Will Miss Spring Camp​

Jamie Plunkett

12254432.jpeg

Quarterback Josh Hoover will miss spring camp, sources have confirmed to HornedFrogBlitz.

Hoover recently sustained an injury that will require surgery, and TCU anticipates he will be cleared by the summer. The sophomore was expected to assume the role of QB1 this spring, following six starts to finish the 2023 season.

Hoover appeared in 10 games last season, starting six. He threw for 2,206 yards and 15 touchdowns, including five games with over 300 yards passing and two with over 400. Hoover completed 62.1% of his passes. TCU's offense averaged 31.33 points per game in Hoover's starts.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/article/tcu-qb-josh-hoover-will-miss-spring-camp-228909100/

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don't know if this is the worst thing we could have happen, but it's in the Top 5.

The last thing we need is a QB Controversy, and a locker room split. We've got a QB, and uncertainty at that position adds more zaniness than is needed on a team that is coming off probably the most disappointing season in quite a while. Ugh.

McFroggin

I don't know if this is the worst thing we could have happen, but it's in the Top 5.

The last thing we need is a QB Controversy, and a locker room split. We've got a QB, and uncertainty at that position adds more zaniness than is needed on a team that is coming off probably the most disappointing season in quite a while. Ugh.

With the issues going on, bowl eligibility will be a successful season for 2024.

Limey Frog

With the issues going on, bowl eligibility will be a successful season for 2024.
I don't know about that. It seems like TCU football often over-performs when things look bad coming into the year and underperforms when they look good. I fully expect to have no realistic idea how good we'll be entering September, and any words written on the subject (including my own) will be wasted unless they convey specific facts (e.g., player X is/isn't available on date Y). But at this point I'm not going to be surprised if TCU football either wins 10+ as a dark horse or loses 6+ and basically sucks. The only thing that might surprise me is going 8-4 or 9-3 because we've never done that since joining the Big 12. In fact, we have had exactly one eight-win regular season this century, in 2007, and one nine-win season, in 2002.

So pretty much count on us being great or terrible, and having no idea which until it happens. Personally, I prefer it when we're expected to do nothing.

Limp Lizard

By "Summer workouts" I guess he means the camp in August. Be nice if he can throw the ball around earlier in the Summer. Depends on the injury, which is surrounded by mystery. Is GP back?

McFroggin

By "Summer workouts" I guess he means the camp in August. Be nice if he can throw the ball around earlier in the Summer. Depends on the injury, which is surrounded by mystery. Is GP back?

Let’s just say that we will need to prepare for Hoover to not start the season.

FrogCop19

unfamilar with Hoover in general terms but is he another who might be injury pron
I remember last year when they quite obviously told him NOT to run (not based on any facts, just that he had wide open lanes on several occasions and chose to either throw the ball away or force a bad pass), and the first time he did run (a good one for almost 20 yards, I think, right down near the goal line) he got up slow with a little hitch in his giddyup. However, he stuck it out and I believe the next play ran it in for a touchdown from 2 yards out.

Not saying he's MAD MAX level of invulnerability, but he can keep at it when he's been knocked down. I like him, and I can't wait to watch him and the others develop into great Frogs.