• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Max Duggan gives TCU best chance to win according to Patterson

Wexahu

I love Max but at this stage don’t know if he has yet to develop poise, or just not accurate, or has no touch, or just so paranoid about interceptions that he is intentionally delivering the ball to spots that cannot be intercepted but would require a circus catch by the receiver. Hard to tell.

It appears to me that the whole offense operates under this mindset. I don't know, maybe he throws a ton of picks in practice so it's well founded, but we don't start throwing in the middle of the field until we are kind of in desperation mode, and I can't help but think the constant overthrowing on deep passes doesn't at least have something to do with coaches constantly being in his ear about throwing it to the other team.

Pure speculation though, I am at a loss for why the passing game is so inept, just trying to come up with theories that might make a little sense.

Mean Purple

It appears to me that the whole offense operates under this mindset. I don't know, maybe he throws a ton of picks in practice so it's well founded, but we don't start throwing in the middle of the field until we are kind of in desperation mode, and I can't help but think the constant overthrowing on deep passes doesn't at least have something to do with coaches constantly being in his ear about throwing it to the other team.

Pure speculation though, I am at a loss for why the passing game is so inept, just trying to come up with theories that might make a little sense.
In the new offenses that college has been seeing for the past few years, you basically have to accept that you will have an INT in each game. Boykin coughed them up more than most folks seem to remember. But you have to look at it as the getting of more touchdowns outweighs the INT.

If you play not to lose, you can lose. Does not mean you get careless and don't focus on execution, reads, ball security, etc. Just means you have to let the kid play. Process more important than outcome, because process handled correctly gives more opportunity for a desired outcome.

CryptoMiner

Patterson wanted Delton to come to TCU, Patterson named Delton as the starter before the season over objections from the OCs. Every time Delton gets a snap it is because Patterson wanted it done.

Now Duggan is the anointed one.

Please CGP leave the offense alone.

JockO de Frog

Patterson wanted Delton to come to TCU, Patterson named Delton as the starter before the season over objections from the OCs. Every time Delton gets a snap it is because Patterson wanted it done.

Now Duggan is the anointed one.

Please CGP leave the offense alone.
It would seem so, but do you know that this is the case?

punter9

actually boykin wasn't terrible at baylor, he was inconsistent, and trapped in a terrible offense that made sonny's efforts look like a bill walsh design.

boykin was also playing behind an offensive line with 3-true freshmen .

next year he split time at multiple positions, the roster got split with loyalties to two quarterbacks, and casey melted down against baylor.

then sonny and doug came to town, boykin was turned loose, the offense ranked in the top ten two years in a row before gary wanted the offense to be more conservative (and it rightfully did have some issues)

so how did gary develop boykin again?

Same way he developed Jason V or any other talent we have had. He recognized, recruited, and successfully hired a good position coach to make all stars out of them. Just like when Boykin was “turned loose”