• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Freshman forward Kaden Archie has left TCU's basketball program

Big Frog II

why would you site bowl games when talking about a completely different sport.

my understanding is basketball works differently as it is one of the few sports that crosses multiple academic periods
I’m just using football as an example. For basketball purposes the semester ends when finals are finished and the new one begins the next day.

Eight

I’m just using football as an example. For basketball purposes the semester ends when finals are finished and the new one begins the next day.

from the ncaa website:

"Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence"

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

based upon the portion in bold, if kaden is enrolled at a college spring 2019 and fall 2019 he would be eligible for play spring semester 2020

Francis Xav

I think this speaks to his true talent level....kid is an athlete, but reading between the lines here, maybe doesnt have the work ethic or drive.