• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: BREAKING: TCU hires Kendal Briles as new offensive coordinator

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
You are totally wrong.
Both Kaz and Buckels were closer to the center of decision making power than K Briles.
BU was K Briles 1st college coaching position at age 26. He was in a learning situation, and every important decision was made for him for the first 5 or 6 years. He wasn’t promoted to OC until the final 2 years. Art made sure all the offensive pieces were in place, so Kendal could be an instant success. ….and it worked too, as Kendal was a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2015
You mean before his precipitous fall from grace during the rape cover-ups?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You are totally wrong.
Both Kaz and Buckels were closer to the center of decision making power than K Briles.
BU was K Briles 1st college coaching position at age 26. He was in a learning situation, and every important decision was made for him for the first 5 or 6 years. He wasn’t promoted to OC until the final 2 years. Art made sure all the offensive pieces were in place, so Kendal could be an instant success. ….and it worked too, as Kendal was a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2015
That is like saying Joe Biden and Hunter didn't talk about their "business" dealings.

The TCU Football Jerk

You're right. Everyone knows exactly what Kendal (and all the others) were involved with, but we also can't be sure that multiple universities didn't do any due diligence when they decided to throw hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars at KB. I'm sure that us, the common fan, knows more that those stupid universities that hired him. Great way of looking at it and can't believe I didn't think of that.

You're not familiar with how the coaching ranks work in college football if you think schools won't just roll the dice on someone. Due diligence? A term unknown in those ranks. The good ol boy ranks are a mile wide and an inch deep in those ranks. Big money alums at most schools will get a coach whatever he wants. No background check necessary thank you. Patronize someone else einstein.

The TCU Football Jerk

Explain the transgressions.

As you say there is no due diligence left to do but you want to directly connect this individual to transgressions no one else has connected him. Yet you act as if they are a given.

It is a shame this board is going to continue the mis-labelling of him by their alt names which is disgusting at the least. But that is the ownership we have here.

But back to you, tell us more about what our OC who is not to be named was directly involved with? And bring facts not opinion because multiple law firms and auditors have actually said what he was "involved" with to some very large programs.

To wit: https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...iles-problem-is-the-bloom-of-baylors-failure/

Eight

curious, how has baylor suffered since the scandal?

have applications dropped? enrollment dropped? their endowment dropped? donations to their athletic department dropped?

who ever wrote that editorial is an idiot with no real historical perspective because this is the same school, the same athletic department who had one basketball player kill another, the coaching staff played a role in the coverup, and things only skipped a beat or two for a relatively short time

I would love Art Briles offense in its hayday! It was unstoppable! I didn’t like the hire because of this issue it can be a distraction and we don’t need distractions. I don’t want a one hit wonder I want an elite program that people hate seeing in the playoffs and winning championships! I trust Sonny and will just move on.

froginaustin

I would love Art Briles offense in its hayday! It was unstoppable! I didn’t like the hire because of this issue it can be a distraction and we don’t need distractions. I don’t want a one hit wonder I want an elite program that people hate seeing in the playoffs and winning championships! I trust Sonny and will just move on.

It was unstoppable until the officials started listening to every other coach in the conference scream about linemen down field on Briles' version of the RPO. Or at least that's what I remember.

It was unstoppable until the officials started listening to every other coach in the conference scream about linemen down field on Briles' version of the RPO. Or at least that's what I remember.
Good point. They still lit it up. I remember their receivers on outside right by the sidelines it opened up so much of the field. Their receivers had insane speed always ran a deep route.

Bruce Berry

Offensive coordinator and the head coach’s son would have more say in the program than the guy spotting you on the bench press.

You're rationalizing. It's too late for feigned righteousness. You have been in the gutter endorsing this Briles regime stuff.

How do you live with yourself?

Latest posts