• The KillerFrogs

2024 MLB Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I hate we couldn’t re-sign Monty
There has to be something going on with him that's being kept quiet. How the hell does he go the ENTIRE off-season without being signed after the way he pitched for us? There has to be something other than money involved. It just doesn't make sense.

dawg

scheissing Bally sports.

From Evan Grant‘s Q&A with Ray Davis:

Q: OK, then let’s get back to personnel for a minute. As we’re talking now, Jordan Montgomery just signed a one-year, $25 million deal with Arizona. Why is he not a Ranger?

Davis: “For the very reasons, I’ve been telling you. Had we signed him for that, $25 million would have been closer to $40 million with taxes. It would have tripped the next level [of CBT] and potentially moved us closer to draft pick penalties. That would have been too expensive for us.”

In other words, double scheiss bally sports.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
@bmoney214 - Maybe Sborz gets a shot?
Why not, it can't hurt anything. No matter what, we can't have the same bullpen issues that we had during the regular season last year. No Smith and no Chapman are addition by subtraction but to me, it still feels like the bullpen is the weak link on this team.

And I know, it's only 2 weeks into the season, but how long do you watch Leclerc struggle before making a move. He already cost us the Sunday game against the cubs and then came into a 4-0 game yesterday and had the tying run at the plate.

hometown frog

Why not, it can't hurt anything. No matter what, we can't have the same bullpen issues that we had during the regular season last year. No Smith and no Chapman are addition by subtraction but to me, it still feels like the bullpen is the weak link on this team.

And I know, it's only 2 weeks into the season, but how long do you watch Leclerc struggle before making a move. He already cost us the Sunday game against the cubs and then came into a 4-0 game yesterday and had the tying run at the plate.
im guessing they will give Dave Robertson a shot at the closer role at some point. But I thought they had figured out in his last few stops that he’s not a closer any longer. So not sure how effective that will be.

was shocked when we didn’t make any moves to shore up the back end of that pen in the offseason. Of all the parts, that’s the biggest concern for me going into the season. (Also prob the easiest to solve at the trade deadline if you think that’s the one piece you need to go deep.)

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Robertson has already made me nervous. I’d say Sborz or maybe Yates.
Just wondering why Robertson makes you nervous. I know he just missed giving up, what was it, a 3 run homerun in the one game but his numbers are pretty good. Got the win on opening day and has 3 holds in 4 appearances. Hasn't allowed a run yet.

ftwfrog

Sborz should be the closer. (At least given the chance). He has nasty stuff. We saw it last year in the postseason. Not going to lie, during the regular season of 2023 I didn’t want to see him at all, but he had signs of greatness and really came on in Sept and October.

I said 100x last year this team will make the playoffs but not do anything special because their bullpen will blow it. Man, I’ve never been happier to be wrong!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Sborz should be the closer. (At least given the chance). He has nasty stuff. We saw it last year in the postseason. Not going to lie, during the regular season of 2023 I didn’t want to see him at all, but he had signs of greatness and really came on in Sept and October.

I said 100x last year this team will make the playoffs but not do anything special because their bullpen will blow it. Man, I’ve never been happier to be wrong!
I agree with you on Sborz. If I remember correctly, during one of the playoff games (think it was Baltimore), they were talking about how he wasn't healthy during the regular season and was trying to pitch through some nagging injuries and just wasn't right. When he finally got healthy near the end of the year, he started pitching like the Rangers expected him to. Thank God he got healthy when he did because he was lights out in the playoffs.

Latest posts