• The KillerFrogs

2023 Frog/Big 12 Basketball

Horned Toad

Sheesh I’m about to lose it with all the football threads. We are in the heart of the college basketball season so let’s talk some B-ball.

#13 K St. at home just knocked off #2 Kansas 83-82 in overtime.

#14 TCU goes on the road to play Western Virginia Wednesday and then Kansas on the road on Saturday after arguably playing their most complete game of the year against K St. this past Saturday.

The Big 12 has 6 teams in the top 15 and 7 total in the top 25, are those top rankings deserved?

Incoming Big 12 member Houston is ranked #1. Can they hold that ranking all the way to the Final 4?

Will Mike Miles go in the first round of this year’s draft or will he return for his senior year?

Will Eddie Lampkin go pro after next year?

Who else from the Frogs has a real chance to go pro?

Who is your favorite Frog player?

Are you glad J.D. made Dixon stick it out?

Ready? …Go!

Discuss Los Angeles Lakers GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Conference tightens up after KS beats KU and ISU beats Texas. Three-way tie atop the standings. Frogs a game back.

Rifframbahzoo20

That Kansas state game was amazing. I hammered them and glad they came through for me.

Favorite player is Mike Miles Jr. He is so fun to watch and it gives it all. I want the spurs to draft him.

Lumpkin is awesome too.

This tcu team is sooo fun to watch, obviously I would love them regardless but Im a sports gambling addict and watch a lot of college teams and this tcu team is by far my favorite team to watch. I love their fast pace, makes the games so exciting to watch.

Why the hell are we underdogs to West Virginia?

Froggy Style

Miller is the best player on the team, and best pro prospect, IMO...and has not been mentioned in this thread. That means we are good. Need Coles to play defense and get rebounds and keep hitting his FT's, he's really improved, but should be benched if he keeps jacking deep shots...no more threes.

WhatTheFrog

I agree with @StinnettFrog 100%. Eddie still has some developing to do and should do that over the next 2.5 seasons. Cork really seems to have turned a corner recently, maybe confidence related. He's more decisive in his play. Chuck seems to have regressed some. He's made some big shots, but his FG% seems to have gone down by my eye test. I haven't bothered to compare actual stats to last year, but it sure seems that way. Our conditioning seems to be pretty good, they hustle on defense and the fast breaks are plentiful. Points/fouls in the paint are there to be had if they will get it in there. Our 3s suck. Don't really have a favorite, I like them all as a team.

I think Miller has the best size and athleticism, Miles has the best skillset, and Baugh is a mix of the two. His return to the team seems to have really provided a lift. I wouldn't want to be an opposing team against this bunch.

Horned Toad

I had a K St. fan come up to me during the half at the game on Saturday and told me we were the toughest defense that he’d see them play this year. I think this is where the whole team has really improved. On the other hand, the 3 point shooting has gone in the tank with the transfer of Fab and Chuck making about 1 out of 5 attempts. He really needs to get his confidence back.

Latest posts