• The KillerFrogs

2023 CWS

froginmn

Thanks for starting a baseball-based thread.

I started the other one (https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/2023-cws-in-omaha-attendance-guide.236815/) to hopefully be a resource for those of us traveling there.

Part of me thought our pitching was too thin but it has been "good enough" so that if we keep hitting consistently we have a good a chance as most. I REALLY hope the team doesn't underestimate Oral Roberts because they are scary and look similar to us in a lot of ways.

The other side of our bracket (FL and UVA) looks formidable and bracket one is deep and scary. Honestly it's tough to pick an odds in favorite (like it was last year with Tennessee LOL). And to that point, baseball things happen so having a chip and a chair puts you in position.

Looking forward to lots of good baseball!

Go Frogs!

Froginbedford

Thanks for starting a baseball-based thread.

I started the other one (https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/2023-cws-in-omaha-attendance-guide.236815/) to hopefully be a resource for those of us traveling there.

Part of me thought our pitching was too thin but it has been "good enough" so that if we keep hitting consistently we have a good a chance as most. I REALLY hope the team doesn't underestimate Oral Roberts because they are scary and look similar to us in a lot of ways.

The other side of our bracket (FL and UVA) looks formidable and bracket one is deep and scary. Honestly it's tough to pick an odds in favorite (like it was last year with Tennessee LOL). And to that point, baseball things happen so having a chip and a chair puts you in position.

Looking forward to lots of good baseball!

Go Frogs!

Oral Roberts is legit....Wheels could come off in this series....

froginmn

Looked at the weather out ten days.

Friday 91 and partly cloudy, then cooler (81) over the weekend, with scattered thunderstorms on Saturday. Sunday looks good and 82, with Monday-Wednesday sunny and 90.

Stays upper 80s and partly cloudy the rest of the way, with a little rain on that second Sunday.

Overall it looks good for our game days and mostly good for the entire CWS.

froginmn

We’re screwed…

I'm good with us making the finals. This is unlikely, though:

The analyst sees Wake Forest continuing its dominant run by beating Stanford, LSU, and Tennessee en route to the finals.

TCU hasn't lost during the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments, and Weinstein doesn't anticipate that changing in its quadrant. He forecasted the Horned Frogs besting Oral Roberts, Florida, and Virginia.

To beat all the teams in your bracket you need the first round losing team you didn't beat in game 1 to win out in the losers bracket and face you in the last game. It could happen I guess.

FWSTC Hfrog

Some how, some way 3 more guys (besides Abeldt & Savage) are going to have to come out of this bullpen and be able to finish an inning and/or get an out or two to have a chance to finish this off. Need them to find it and QUICK.
Safe travels to those going. Go Frogs!

Rex Kramer

We’re screwed…

saturday night live snl GIF

Froglaw

Froglaw is driving up in his RV.

I won’t make the first game so I have two tickets for sale.

I’ll have one for the weekend game.

Endless Purple

Was looking at batting stats after reading some of the posted articles about the style of play to win and not relying on home runs. So I looked at a few stats for getting runs.

Walks has Virginia with 313, Fl with 297, TCU with 314, ORU with 316
Stolen bases has Virginia at 81-99, Fl at 69-85, TCU at 139-160, ORU at 98-113
Batting Avg has Vir at .335, Fl at .293, TCU at .299, ORU at .323
Strike outs has Vir with 401, Fl with 501, TCU with 504, ORU with 470
Runs has Vir with 574, FL with 521, TCU with 515, ORU with 533
Slg % has Vir at .531, Fl at .546, TCU at .490, ORU at .524

Different ways to look at the numbers for comparisons....
Does having more runs but lower slugging fit this style of stadium better?
Virginia seems to be the top in the batting side of the ball.

Endless Purple

Another stat I saw that was interesting. Virginia is 25-43 in stolen bases against. They are used to seeing less than one attempt per game, how will they respond to a team that tries 2-4 attempts in one game if they end up against TCU?