• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Some of y’all may already know this but if you get Pluto Tv, you get access to the Golazo network for free and this BEin (sic?) sports extra channel for free.

That BEin channel shows Serie A matches, French League matches, and Argentine and I think Brazilian league matches. It also shows Copa Libertadores games. And Turkish league highlights as well.

Pluto Tv is totally free btw.
Did not know that. I'll be adding Pluto. Thought it was a pay service. I get Serie A on Paramount + and that's free with my 247 account, but I might want to check in on Monaco from time to time. Thanks for the pro tip. BeIn has always been a great channel for soccer.

Chongo94

Did not know that. I'll be adding Pluto. Thought it was a pay service. I get Serie A on Paramount + and that's free with my 247 account, but I might want to check in on Monaco from time to time. Thanks for the pro tip. BeIn has always been a great channel for soccer.
Yeah, that’s how I can get Serie A too but I just downloaded Pluto on a lark cause I saw they had the military channel. Then I saw the BEIn and Golazo stuff and kept it. It’s way quicker for me to switch to it rather than firing up my Xbox to turn on my paramount app.

It has a lot of cool random channels too. BUT, it does have ads, that’s the only downside really.

Purp

Pefok had a goal and nearly a couple of assists for Gladbach today. Scally started at left back and Aaronson got another start for Union. Richards got a goal for Palace too. He's started the last 3 matches at his more natural left center back spot. He's rounding into form nicely.

Purp

Sarge scored again today. 11th goal of the season and 8th in the last 2 months. He's now scored in 7 consecutive home games. He's probably our best striker right now.

Adams is getting close to a return too. Maybe this next window we can have all of our best players playing well (assuming Gio gets it together).

Chongo94

Pulisic had an eventful match. Brought a bit of CONCACAF to the Stadio Olimpico & got two Lazio players sent off. He’s having hell of a season, and the Milan fans love him.

Apparently he received some death threats too from some Lazio supporters.

Purp

My understanding is that death threats from Lazio supporters are handed out like candy.

Still not cool, but Theo Hernandez posted in support per the ESPN blurb (too short to really call it an article).
Saw that too. Honestly, the death threats in Italian football aren't shocking. The violence at games there has been a problem for decades. I think every stadium has a barrier between the stands and the pitch bc of the crap that goes on during those games. Incendiary devices aren't uncommon, for crying out loud.

dawg

Saw that too. Honestly, the death threats in Italian football aren't shocking. The violence at games there has been a problem for decades. I think every stadium has a barrier between the stands and the pitch bc of the crap that goes on during those games. Incendiary devices aren't uncommon, for crying out loud.

2_Inter-Milan-versus-AC-Milan-April-2005.jpg

Reminded me of this routine CL quarterfinal, in Italy (IIRC ~ 2005 or 2006), where both sets of supporters threw enough flares on the pitch that the match had to be postponed.

Purp

Looks like McKennie could be back this weekend for Juve and Tyler Adams may be a week away from his return too. Also sounds like Gio not playing won't affect his status with the Nats. Hopefully he can have a good Nations League run to propel him into a solid run to finish the season.

Purp

I'm mixed on this. I think Juve are building toward being the dominant side in Serie A again and he could be a vital part of that, but I worry their financial issues may limit them and could result in volatility there where he goes in and out of favor as a revolving door of managers go in and out the door.

I'd really love to see him land with a top club in the Premier League, but establishing a reputation at Juve isn't a bad thing.

kaiser soze

I just want the key USMNT players landing in spots where they rightfully earn regular, impactful minutes against quality, class competition. Being a super sub (at best) on a big name squad is less valuable to me than regular fitness on a solid team. most of these guys are still young and can improve with play.

see Gio at everywhere. Puli at Chelsea.

All these guys want the fame, prestige and money .... which they have in spades but must get the minutes.

Purp

I just want the key USMNT players landing in spots where they rightfully earn regular, impactful minutes against quality, class competition. Being a super sub (at best) on a big name squad is less valuable to me than regular fitness on a solid team. most of these guys are still young and can improve with play.

see Gio at everywhere. Puli at Chelsea.

All these guys want the fame, prestige and money .... which they have in spades but must get the minutes.
I agree with this. I think that's the point I was making. I'm less confident Weston will get that regular playing time at Juve bc the next couple years are shaping up to be similar to the last couple years due to financial issues. I'd like to see him land somewhere with greater stability at the club who also needs his abilities in midfield. There are a lot of clubs out there he could get that quality PT at the top levels. Chelsea was another perfect case of a club making so many horrible personnel decisions it stifled most of the talent it acquired. Gio is probably a bad example here. His issues aren't related to talent or fit with the club, but self-inflicted issues. I'm pumped about where our guys are playing right now and how they're playing, but a couple club changes would also make me happy. Juve is one I'm still skeptical about it.

Purp

Saw that Sarge and Haji are still scoring a lot in the championship. They may be playing their way into the next window. I'd really love to see Sarge catch on with a Premier League side that isn't relegation bound. His one season with Norwich he never had a chance they were so badly outclassed.