• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

frogetaboutit

whelp it will cost a little more to sign him

I’m excited to welcome him if he wants to honor his commitment but not gonna lie - I won’t lose sleep if we missed out on any guy wanting to suck us in to bidding wars. Because in this case, A. It’s aggie and we wouldn’t win, and B. Do we really want (more of) that kind of attitude/mindset in the locker room?

Not saying that’s what’s happening here, but going forward I hope that’s generally how we play the recruitment/NIL game.

JugbandFrog

FANSIDED: Malachi Nelson transfer portal rumors: 5 best destinations for USC QB

3. TCU Horned Frogs are needing some juice with Chandler Morris out

This is the first one where I sort of get it. TCU went from national runner-ups to not even making a bowl game a year later. Sonny Dykes had an extraordinary first year in Fort Worth after leaving nearby SMU in Dallas last season. Unfortunately, that season looks to have been an outlier, as the Horned Frogs regressed massively this past year. They went 5-7, meaning they were eight wins worse off...

I get that losing former offensive coordinator Garrett Riley very late in the cycle hurt the Horned Frogs, as well as seemingly everyone of note on offense turning pro. However, Dykes need to align himself with a star quarterback the caliber he had at Cal with Jared Goff and at TCU with Max Duggan. Nelson certainly checks that box, and could flourish playing in Kendal Briles' offensive system at TCU.

Briles' Air Raid is different than the one Lincoln Riley ran at USC. Riley's may be more balanced with a powerful running game attached to it, whereas Briles' is a bit more by the book, so to speak. It is not quite as passing-heavy as what the late, great Mike Leach ran for years at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State, but this is a scheme that would get Nelson to New York at some point.

TCU is only as good as their quarterback is, so losing Chandler Morris to the portal ain't no big thang.
I don’t want another Lincoln Riley reject. Look at all the dudes Riley let walk. Nothing great.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU apparently has shown interest in Nebraska QB transfer Purdy:

Former Nebraska quarterback receives multiple offers since entering transfer portal

www.msn.com.ico
cornhuskerswire.usatoday on MSN.com|3 hours ago
He has posted offers on social media from TCU, North Texas, and California. Thank you Nebraska and thank you Husker Nation for all your support. I have entered the portal and have 2 years left of eligibility. God bless you all.

82 Frog Fever

TCU apparently has shown interest in Nebraska QB transfer Purdy:

Former Nebraska quarterback receives multiple offers since entering transfer portal

www.msn.com.ico
cornhuskerswire.usatoday on MSN.com|3 hours ago
He has posted offers on social media from TCU, North Texas, and California. Thank you Nebraska and thank you Husker Nation for all your support. I have entered the portal and have 2 years left of eligibility. God bless you all.
He might be a good add. Purdy has flashed some good throwing skills and is a threat to run. He’d at least be good depth/backup for this year and a project for 2025.
22 years old.
He entered the portal because of the Dylan Raiola signing. Before that Rhule’s plan was to have Purdy and Haarburg compete for the starting role.

Boise St is pursuing and he has Cal. / N. Texas / TCU offers as well.

Frogs may get Ken Seals because of circumstances. A Weatherford kid who grew up a fan of TCU and has his degree from prestigious Vanderbilt and now may want to return home to reestablish DFW roots for a future career, earning a graduate degree from TCU while being one Hoover injury away from playing.

Limey Frog

What happened to all the posts about how we wouldn't be going after Jefferson because we could do better? Unless we're going to land Jefferson or some equivalent QB target and the artist Seal, two years of data suggest that TCU isn't able to land a covered QB transfer. That's fine, if so. Plenty of decent programs probably can't. But if that's how it is you need to be extra careful to keep your prized HS recruits happy. If we want another Max, we need to develop him here, like the actual Max.