• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

What Up Toad

Percent of All Drafted Players: This calculation shows the percentage total of all drafted players, ie: 50.4% of drafted players are 3 stars, compared to 10.7% of 5 stars.5 days ago

He said "typical" 3 stars don't make the NFL. Only 5% of players rated as 3 stars get drafted, and fewer make an active roster. So he's right; the typical 3 star doesn't make the NFL.

westoverhillbilly

I'm happy to roll with Oregon will always be able to pay $1-2M for, and actually land, the next Dillon Gabriel. I think TCU will be able to do neither. We will need to keep the guys we have and maybe pick up some potential "diamond in the rough" types.
I agree we need to dance with those who agreed to go to the dance with us- or at least give them a chance to jitterbug.

I'm a small bit player in NIL and nowhere near the center sources so not certain, but I think TCU may surprise some here when they think our friends can't step up on NIL outlays. We don't get these other 4* skill players (thru portal and high school) by not being competitive in NIL.

One Frog Nation

He said "typical" 3 stars don't make the NFL. Only 5% of players rated as 3 stars get drafted, and fewer make an active roster. So he's right; the typical 3 star doesn't make the NFL.
My point is that sometimes that 3 star grows into something in college. The great Pat McAfee was a 2 star, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes were 3 star, Travis Kelce was a 2 star. You just don't know. Aaron Rodgers went to Butte CC in California, 5 10 165 as a senior. Will Hoover develop into a great college player or be an average? I don't know but I do know that being a freshman qb is not easy.

Toad Jones

His Pop will have a hand in his final destination. I wish him well wherever it is. I think he could tear them up if he selected a school where the defenses weren't so big.

Toad Jones

Percent of All Drafted Players: This calculation shows the percentage total of all drafted players, ie: 50.4% of drafted players are 3 stars, compared to 10.7% of 5 stars.5 days ago
The problem with that, is there are a lot of four stars who won't come to your school. Funny, this scenario often happens in the workplace. Answer, you select potential and help them. Those two and three stars dream just like a five-star and with their due diligence become a five-star.

FloridaFrog76129

This is going to be a tough league next year UCF, Zona, KState, Tech, Okie State and WVU could all be good. Colorado may find their stride in year two as well.

You lost me at UCF and Tech. WVU had one of the weakest P5 / Big 12 schedules this year.

WVU played Cincy / UCF / BYU / Baylor / Houston / Pitt / TCU

None of those teams made a bowl