• The KillerFrogs

2022 TCU Volleyball: New Era

Pharm Frog

I do have an issue with the program twitter feed…. Seems premature to be declaring a match “in the cooler” when it’s only 10-3. It would have taken an improbable comeback but there were at least two 7-0 runs in this match.

Big Frog II

Volleyball is certainly headed in the right direction. After a brutal tough non-conference slate, the Frogs have really improved during conference play.

Pharm Frog

We’re allowing those on the team now?
We need them right now as we’ve started with impressive levels of lethargy. Coach went with a very odd lineup in S1. But to your original point…check out what’s going on in North Carolina high school volleyball relative to transgender players and injury.

Pharm Frog

Error-prone VB in S3 and Frogs are down 21-17. Really ugly set to this point. As bad as I’ve seen this team play since early season.

And Frogs drop S3 at 19. Hope we don’t pull a KSU and lose control of the match. I do wonder if some of our players may not be feeling well. Strange rotations and haven’t seen a couple of players I’d expect to see. Need S4 badly. Clearly better talent than OU. Need to play like it

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Frogs doing their best to drop this set. Service error after service error after attack error. May still win but if so despite ourselves

Pharm Frog

For those who care...#1 Texas got beat this week in Hilton Arena by the Clones of ISU. ISU had previously beaten Baylor at Hilton. Frogs beat those Clones at home earlier in the conference slate. Frogs sit at 5-3 in conference play and are a perfect 4-0 at home in Big12 play. Halfway through the conference slate and tied with Kansas for 4th. Was nice to see the Frogs pick up a four set W today without playing exceptional volleyball. Gutted out the win against an overmatched OU squad. Sustala moving into the libero role earlier this season was critical IMO. With the distribution of playing time we're finding out that Adams doesn't have to have monster matches to win. In fact, the Fr Gibson had more attack attempts than Adams did today. Nalls continues to be the workhorse but others are contributing including Lyric Stewart who is coming back from injury and found some time in the front row. No Sylvester today and very limited time for Raiola. Manyang wasn't in the lineup either. If the Frogs can get the middles to the outside sets a little more reliably, I'm thinking this squad could become better than good.

Pharm Frog

Tonight begins a brutal 5-match stretch for the Frogs Four against the Top 4 squads in the conference then a road match at Tech. Will be favored in none of these matches including tonight at home against Kansas.

Would be really great to get one of these matches and delicious to grab two. Anything more than that would be greedy but nothing wrong with some greed. Kansas blanked the Frogs 3-0 in Lawrence but looked meh in a recent match with a young WVU squad.

This is a test stretch for Coach W and the program. Need to play well and see how we can compete. Personally I want the home Ws against KU and BU and then see if we can steal one away in Lubbock with the momentum. Don’t see taking down Texas or winning at Hilton against ISU.

Pharm Frog

A5ABD7EA-7770-4782-9AC7-744F683633C8.jpegHad a church meeting that just ended so I didn’t get to watch this match against KU but in all honesty I might have tapped out after S2. Check out this match line…

I don’t think I’ve seen a match that looks like this….get thrashed in S1 and S2 (hard to get doubled up in a set to 25) and then thrash the opponent in S3 S4 and S5. But that’s exactly what happened. Seems like the VB team is taking a page out of the FB team’s path to W. Will watch the replay tomorrow but this W is AWESOME!

Stats would make it seem like this was Gibson’s big day with 18 points and hitting over .300. Nalls has big stats but great to see the freshman taking the huge step up.

View attachment 12459Had a church meeting that just ended so I didn’t get to watch this match against KU but in all honesty I might have tapped out after S2. Check out this match line…

I don’t think I’ve seen a match that looks like this….get thrashed in S1 and S2 (hard to get doubled up in a set to 25) and then thrash the opponent in S3 S4 and S5. But that’s exactly what happened. Seems like the VB team is taking a page out of the FB team’s path to W. Will watch the replay tomorrow but this W is AWESOME!

Stats would make it seem like this was Gibson’s big day with 18 points and hitting over .300. Nalls has big stats but great to see the freshman taking the huge step up.
Huge win! Have to think this helps any NCAA tournament chances majorly. From what I’ve seen, we’re just on the cusp.