• The KillerFrogs

2022 March Madness Thread

Virginia Frog

Delaware player goes up for a fast break dunk and is mauled, Villanova player didn't even touch the ball at all, and the refs said it was a clean block and played on
Those two teams are maybe 30 miles apart as the bird flies (near Philly) and they had to go all the way to Pittsburgh to play. (and at today's gas prices.) Sorry for the Blue Hens (UDelaware has a very nice campus and Southern Living magazine named it one of the South's most beautiful colleges (2017)- Georgian like UVA, UNC, SMU - ug alma matter to our President...I'll stop while I'm ahead.)

LVH

Those two teams are maybe 30 miles apart as the bird flies (near Philly) and they had to go all the way to Pittsburgh to play. (and at today's gas prices.) Sorry for the Blue Hens (UDelaware has a very nice campus and Southern Living magazine named it one of the South's most beautiful colleges (2017)- Georgian like UVA, UNC, SMU - ug alma matter to our President...I'll stop while I'm ahead.)
If you told me Delaware would have dominated points in the paint and won the turnover battle I'd say did we just see another 15 over 2 upset... but Villanova got it done from the 3 point line today.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If you told me Delaware would have dominated points in the paint and won the turnover battle I'd say did we just see another 15 over 2 upset... but Villanova got it done from the 3 point line today.
Not since the days of Rollie Massimino...

LVH

I am thinking of creating a "Ref Assistance Index" statistic that measures how much a team was aided by the refs. Despite trailing by 13 right now, Illinois is being helped out a ton by the refs

Texas may be rising to the occasion, and with Kentucky losing, the Horns have some running room to the final eight versus Baylor or whomever comes through the top half of the East Region. Texas plays 3 seed Purdue next, but the Boilermakers may be overrated, having poor defense.

LVH

Wright State is not smart trying to get into a track meet with Arizona

You can only beat Arizona by slowing the game down

BrewingFrog

BrewingFrog

Wright State is not smart trying to get into a track meet with Arizona

You can only beat Arizona by slowing the game down
With that being said, what should our philosophy be? If, of course, we don't ingest a chicken bone sideways this evening...

Endless Purple

Would like to see TCU beat Arizona.

Still to far away for me. For now, I plan to go out to a sports bar tonight. Watch the first half, then go home and check the final around midnight.

Endless Purple

NCAA Tournament Conferences with multiple teams:
Through the round of 64..

Big 12 with 6 teams: 6-0
Kansas (1-0), Baylor (1-0), Texas Tech (1-0), Texas (1-0), TCU (1-0), Iowa St ()

American with 2 teams: 2-0
Houston (1-0), Memphis (1-0)

Big 10 with 9 teams: 7-3
Purdue (1-0), Iowa (0-1), Illinois (1-0), Wisconsin (1-0), Ohio St (1-0), Michigan (1-0), Indiana (1-1), Michigan St (1-0), Rutgers (0-1)

Pac 12 with 3 teams: 2-1
Arizona (1-0), UCLA (1-0), USC (0-1)

West Coast with 3 teams: 2-1
Gonzaga (1-0). St Marys (1-0), San Francisco (0-1)

ACC with 5 teams: 5-1
Virginia Tech (0-1), N Carolina (1-0), Duke (1-0), Notre Dame (2-0), Miami (1-0)

Big East with 6 teams: 3-3
VIllanova (1-0), Providence (1-0), UConn (0-1), Seton Hall (0-1), Marquette (0-1), Creighton (1-0)

SEC with 6 teams: 3-3
Kentucky (0-1), Tennessee (1-0), Auburn (1-0), LSU (0-1), Arkansas (1-0), Alabama (0-1)

Atlantic 10 with 2 teams: 1-1
Richmond (1-0), Davidson (0-1)

MWC with 4 teams: 0-4
Boise St (0-1), Colorado St (0-1), San Diego St (0-1), Wyoming (0-1)

Last edited: