• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I fully understand that I’m old school on stuff like this and getting older school by the minute but I just don’t like this trend I’m seeing in college baseball. Would be karmic justice to have Liberty assigned as a 4th seed in a FTW Regional IMO

I agree with you on the karmic justice thing but that's the world we live in today. With the way social media is now, everything is "look at me, look at me".

flyfishingfrog

Doesn't square with the old, "Be humble in victory, and magnanimous in defeat."

An elegant phrase, of a more civilized age...
Or just act like you have been there before and it was what you expected to happen

a team that truly expects to be in Omaha this year would have done exactly what TCU did this weekend- let’s hope over the course of this year, a sweep over a program we should sweep becomes less of an event to brag about and more of an expectation of our team based on ability

Pharm Frog

Or just act like you have been there before and it was what you expected to happen

a team that truly expects to be in Omaha this year would have done exactly what TCU did this weekend- let’s hope over the course of this year, a sweep over a program we should sweep becomes less of an event to brag about and more of an expectation of our team based on ability

Let others write about it if they want to but I see no reason for the program to come back the next day and publish something like that. But I’m old school.

Pharm Frog

Yeah, a baseball game played in late May will definitely mirror a game played in late February.

I suppose you see no issue with the tweet and that’s okay but I agree that a game in late May might bear no resemblance to Friday’s. They might not strand 7 runners. They might be willing to throw it all for a G1 win and we might be more concerned with winning that important G2. Who knows? The Frogs are certainly the more talented team and by a sig margin. But sig better teams lose games they shouldn’t. My point is simply that I think it’s a bad look for the program.

And I think if they do have to come this far west they’d be a 3rd seed anyway.

frogtex

I watched all three games....EVERY pitcher that Liberty sent to the mound had a good to outstanding arm in terms of velocity (yes, I have heard scouts say the stadium radar gun is a little "hot") but that team is going to win a LOT of games this year....I heard CJS say on the radio show that they are basically the DBU of the east coast so these three wins will most likely end up looking outstanding on the TCU resume.....

My take on our team? outstanding veteran pitching and the young ones are getting better fast....really really good defensive team, especially with Sikes now in the outfield....not going to be a top end offense but can play enough offense to win most games.....

I hate losing as much as the next person but why do baseball fans freak out (in any one direction over one or two games)?? We are going to win some games we shouldn't have won and lose some as well......it's FREAKING baseball!....

ftwfrog

I watched all three games....EVERY pitcher that Liberty sent to the mound had a good to outstanding arm in terms of velocity (yes, I have heard scouts say the stadium radar gun is a little "hot") but that team is going to win a LOT of games this year....I heard CJS say on the radio show that they are basically the DBU of the east coast so these three wins will most likely end up looking outstanding on the TCU resume.....

My take on our team? outstanding veteran pitching and the young ones are getting better fast....really really good defensive team, especially with Sikes now in the outfield....not going to be a top end offense but can play enough offense to win most games.....

I hate losing as much as the next person but why do baseball fans freak out (in any one direction over one or two games)?? We are going to win some games we shouldn't have won and lose some as well......it's FREAKING baseball!....
Well said, and it all comes down to 4 days in Early June. Have fun and enjoy the ride. I certainly won’t ever complain about a win. I’m just glad baseball is back.

Moose Stuff

I suppose you see no issue with the tweet and that’s okay but I agree that a game in late May might bear no resemblance to Friday’s. They might not strand 7 runners. They might be willing to throw it all for a G1 win and we might be more concerned with winning that important G2. Who knows? The Frogs are certainly the more talented team and by a sig margin. But sig better teams lose games they shouldn’t. My point is simply that I think it’s a bad look for the program.

And I think if they do have to come this far west they’d be a 3rd seed anyway.

Twitter is littered with stupid [ Finebaum ]. The TCU baseball account is better than most. Didn't register with me that there was anything wrong with that tweet. Pretty par for the course.

Pharm Frog

Twitter is littered with stupid [ #2020 ]. The TCU baseball account is better than most. Didn't register with me that there was anything wrong with that tweet. Pretty par for the course.

My reaction went something like this:

First, why is there a TCU Baseball tweet on a Sunday morning when there’s no game scheduled.

Secondly, that’s pretty solid production value right there. Followed closely by, “Who is that and what’s happening.”

Finally, “Why the hell would the program endorse this? Doesn’t seem like something TCU Baseball...the “quiet confidence” squad would put out.

As for other baseball program Twitter feeds...I only follow one other but I do have to say that it’s pretty ridiculous. Case in Point: Tweeting congrats to the coach on his 100th victory without noting this is the 6th season and the team generally plays between 50 and 60 games per.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

First, why is there a TCU Baseball tweet on a Sunday morning when there’s no game scheduled.

Secondly, that’s pretty solid production value right there. Followed closely by, “Who is that and what’s happening.”

Finally, “Why the hell would the program endorse this? Doesn’t seem like something TCU Baseball...the “quiet confidence” squad would put out.

As for other baseball program Twitter feeds...I only follow one other but I do have to say that it’s pretty ridiculous. Case in Point: Tweeting congrats to the coach on his 100th victory without noting this is the 6th season and the team generally plays between 50 and 60 games per.
I can almost hear the David Letterman of old saying, "So, you follow the Mets, too?"

Moose Stuff

Twitter is about 99% self promotion so that's what I expect to see. I assume you don't like most of what Mark Cohen tweets.

Pharm Frog

Twitter is about 99% self promotion so that's what I expect to see. I assume you don't like most of what Mark Cohen tweets.

Don’t follow him.

EDIT: But if he’s the dude that tweets about excellent yards per punt after getting beat by KSU or record-setting single game rebounding performance after getting beat by OU again then you are correct...I think it’s stupid beyond comprehension.

Last edited: