• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

westtexfrog

Jacob Meador is headed to DBU. Not sure if that has been covered in this thread or not.
Moose, any thoughts on Meador transfer? He was highly regarded coming out of high school and I know he was drafted but just never could quite put it all together for us. He’s got a ton of talent, I kind of hate losing him.

Moose Stuff

Moose, any thoughts on Meador transfer? He was highly regarded coming out of high school and I know he was drafted but just never could quite put it all together for us. He’s got a ton of talent, I kind of hate losing him.

He should be better than he is and I’m sure he’d be the first to admit it. Perhaps a change of scenery will benefit him.

Moose Stuff

what do you see his role next year for the team moose?

Boy, that’s a good question. I’d like the think he turned a corner in the last half of the season but who knows. Marcelo is a high FB spin rate guy with good vertical movement and a flat vertical approach angle…. which means he’s a guy that should have success elevating his FB. Problem was he didn’t have a ton of deception in his delivery and made too many mistakes trying to elevate his FB (didn’t elevate enough) so he gave up a ton of hard contact. Around the midpoint of the spring he added a hip turn for some deception and started using a 2 seam fastball down in the zone instead of trying to elevate a 4 seamer. It definitely made a difference. If he can build off that I could see him filling the role that Chuck King was in maybe. I’m not really sure he’s cut out to start TBH.

Punter1

Boy, that’s a good question. I’d like the think he turned a corner in the last half of the season but who knows. Marcelo is a high FB spin rate guy with good vertical movement and a flat vertical approach angle…. which means he’s a guy that should have success elevating his FB. Problem was he didn’t have a ton of deception in his delivery and made too many mistakes trying to elevate his FB (didn’t elevate enough) so he gave up a ton of hard contact. Around the midpoint of the spring he added a hip turn for some deception and started using a 2 seam fastball down in the zone instead of trying to elevate a 4 seamer. It definitely made a difference. If he can build off that I could see him filling the role that Chuck King was in maybe. I’m not really sure he’s cut out to start TBH.

So Garrett Wright to close and Perez in a spot starter/long relief role?? Long relief meaning 2+ important innings in close games...

Punter1

I don't know boat from boat but I'm gonna go ahead and read into Perez coming back and all these high schoolers skipping the pros as a major sign they love Sarloos.

Yea...it seemed we always kept a ton of pitchers around an year more then I expected....but that hopefully was the Sarloos effect too.

Either way it looks like we are gonna have a pretty loaded, maybe inexperienced, staff next year...