• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Moose Stuff

I guess I could have worded that better. I've noticed they don't strike out nearly as much as they did in Arlington that's almost unpossible), but they still seem to strike out a healthy amount in their games that I've watched since. Krob's off-speed stuff is the kind of stuff they seem to struggle with the most. Big Russ can do the same. Haylen and Ridings are two more. If you hang it they'll punish it, but if you keep the off-speed stuff down they'll wave at it or hope it doesn't cross through the zone.

UT's lineup is basically "don't let Melendez beat you" at this point. The rest of it is a pretty generic college lineup.

Punter1

UT's lineup is basically "don't let Melendez beat you" at this point. The rest of it is a pretty generic college lineup.
From your lips...

I think the biggest question going into this weekend is H Green healthy? I don't have any info that he is, we just haven't seen him in forever.

Maybe Schloss has been saving him for UT and beyond....but we're probably gonna need him at least twice this weekend.

PurpleBlood87

From your lips...

I think the biggest question going into this weekend is H Green healthy? I don't have any info that he is, we just haven't seen him in forever.

Maybe Schloss has been saving him for UT and beyond....but we're probably gonna need him at least twice this weekend.

Was he needed last week at West Virginia.
I was glad to see Savage used out of the bullpen. That gives the Frogs another right-handed pitcher other than King. I still don't trust Perez.

Punter1

Was he needed last week at West Virginia.
I was glad to see Savage used out of the bullpen. That gives the Frogs another right-handed pitcher other than King. I still don't trust Perez.

Yes...I forget what day but we brought Drew Hill in in about the 6th in a super tight game...I think Friday nite...with runners on base.

He was definitely needed there. Hill did good but it was definitely a situation he could/should have been used.

PurpleBlood87

Yes...I forget what day but we brought Drew Hill in in about the 6th in a super tight game...I think Friday nite...with runners on base.

He was definitely needed there. Hill did good but it was definitely a situation he could/should have been used.

Green's role is closing now.
Middle relief is Ridings' role now.
Green would probably by in middle or long relief now if someone had stepped up and taken the closer job.

flyfishingfrog

It was Friday and it was mid-5th

don’t think Schloss would go to Haylen that early anymore because he won’t leave him in for 4.5 innings even if he is dealing- which was obviously what Schloss wanted from a reliever since he left Hill in the rest of the game because he was in control

Punter1

Green's role is closing now.
Middle relief is Ridings' role now.
Green would probably by in middle or long relief now if someone had stepped up and taken the closer job.

Well on Saturday it was 5-2 going into the 8th and 5-3 starting the 9th and he didn't get either of those innings.

Friday was 5-2 going into the 8th and Sunday was 2-1 going into the 7th. So every game really had a spot for him as a closer and he didn't get a call. I'm glad we had other guys step up...but I gotta assume a healthy Green gets at least 2 of those games.

PurpleBlood87

Well on Saturday it was 5-2 going into the 8th and 5-3 starting the 9th and he didn't get either of those innings.

Friday was 5-2 going into the 8th and Sunday was 2-1 going into the 7th. So every game really had a spot for him as a closer and he didn't get a call. I'm glad we had other guys step up...but I gotta assume a healthy Green gets at least 2 of those games.

Ridings was dealing in the last two innings. If he can get out of that he has Green for 2 or 3 innings on Sunday. But he wasn't needed on Sunday.
Heck maybe Green was sick or not feeling well.

Punter1

Ridings was dealing in the last two innings. If he can get out of that he has Green for 2 or 3 innings on Sunday. But he wasn't needed on Sunday.
Heck maybe Green was sick or not feeling well.

Sunday was a close game until the 8th really, he dam sure coulda been used in the 7th up just 2-1...and yea River was dealing but Green should have been in there in the first place.

Maybe Schloss was throwing the life jacket away and told the bullpen to figure it out this weekend without Green. Pretty bold if so...but I doubt it.

Whatever the case, we will find out probably tonight unless it's a blowout one way or another.

flyfishingfrog

Sunday was a close game until the 8th really, he dam sure coulda been used in the 7th up just 2-1...and yea River was dealing but Green should have been in there in the first place.

Maybe Schloss was throwing the life jacket away and told the bullpen to figure it out this weekend without Green. Pretty bold if so...but I doubt it.

Whatever the case, we will find out probably tonight unless it's a blowout one way or another.
Man you are trying really hard to find an issue that doesn’t exist

were there times that were a good scenario to bring him in if we had needed Haylen to pitch? Yes - one in each game

did we need Haylen to pitch- absolutely not

does he deserve a break - 1000%

FWTFrog

Man you are trying really hard to find an issue that doesn’t exist

were there times that were a good scenario to bring him in if we had needed Haylen to pitch? Yes - one in each game

did we need Haylen to pitch- absolutely not

does he deserve a break - 1000%

I get that he needed rest but he wasn't even in the bullpen in the latter half of the games when he is usually there. I get Haylen not being there for the entire game, but in what could turn into a rocky inning why not be out there to get ready when needed? I don't think it was something serious. However, some things aren't adding up.

flyfishingfrog

I get that he needed rest but he wasn't even in the bullpen in the latter half of the games when he is usually there. I get Haylen not being there for the entire game, but in what could turn into a rocky inning why not be out there to get ready when needed? I don't think it was something serious. However, some things aren't adding up.
You realize pitchers that Schloss is not planning on using don’t sit in the bullpen- right?

if Schloss had decided he wanted to rest him - he would not have been down there

FWTFrog

You realize pitchers that Schloss is not planning on using don’t sit in the bullpen- right?

if Schloss had decided he wanted to rest him - he would not have been down there

He wouldn't completely rule him out of the weekend series unless he was injured. Schloss said that he is treating every game as a must-win, then why not even have him in the bullpen in case of emergency? I'm not saying he is injured but there may be something there.