• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Universal DH sucks. DH sucks. Make 'em hit.

Besides, every now and again, you get a pitcher who can swing a decent bat!

LVH

A bunch of greedy [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ], MLB players are.

Travel ball has turned baseball players into entitled [ Finebaum ]heads. It starts when they are kids. Travel baseball is the worst thing to ever happen to baseball. It fosters entitlement. If I were a college coach I would never recruit a travel ball player, nor would I draft one if I were an MLB GM.

MLB had a golden opportunity to dominate the sports scene and are pissing it away because of greed.

Did they learn nothing from 1994? I am guessing they will have to legalize steroids to save baseball this time.

LVH

I can't help but wonder if the sense of entitlement fostered among travel and select baseball at young ages is what causes baseball players to be such dickwads.

I am not saying the owners are 100% in the clear here, but the MLBPA is so focused on getting their short term victory, that they don't give a damn about the long term damage they are doing. They will regret this petty squabble 3 years from now.

Eight

I can't help but wonder if the sense of entitlement fostered among travel and select baseball at young ages is what causes baseball players to be such dickwads.

I am not saying the owners are 100% in the clear here, but the MLBPA is so focused on getting their short term victory, that they don't give a damn about the long term damage they are doing. They will regret this petty squabble 3 years from now.

don't think this is about short term goals for the players, but could be wrong

the problem is that baseball has scheissed up badly in the past and eventually people came back to the game.

there is no fear for either side so why negotiate right? no different than what happens in government anymore

FBallFan123

Universal DH sucks. DH sucks. Make 'em hit.

Besides, every now and again, you get a pitcher who can swing a decent bat!

I’m with you.

I would miss the DH, and the strategy that comes with it ... especially in the postseason.

I’ve never been an either/or when it came to the DH.
https://mobile.twitter.com/karlravechespn/status/1275188887741255688
I liked the contrast between the AL and NL.

If they get rid of the DH, why even keep the charade of a distinction between the AL and NL any longer?

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

A bunch of greedy [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ], MLB players are.

Travel ball has turned baseball players into entitled [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]heads. It starts when they are kids. Travel baseball is the worst thing to ever happen to baseball. It fosters entitlement. If I were a college coach I would never recruit a travel ball player, nor would I draft one if I were an MLB GM.

MLB had a golden opportunity to dominate the sports scene and are pissing it away because of greed.

Did they learn nothing from 1994? I am guessing they will have to legalize steroids to save baseball this time.

You would field the worst team in the nation with that strategy.