• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Unreal. Im fully invested into not over signing on a player when they are probably still 2 years away but what did you expect to happen to the price once Rendon signed?

I just have to have faith that they think there's more value elsewhere. Maybe they have something cooking with Arenado. But all things considered, this offseason really isnt the one to swing for the fences. The team isn't quite there.

FBallFan123

Unreal. Im fully invested into not over signing on a player when they are probably still 2 years away but what did you expect to happen to the price once Rendon signed?

Ken Rosenthal on MLB Network this morning speculated that due to the Rendon deal, Donaldson could get something like 4 years/$25 million or more.

That's just a lot of money and years for an aging player who's had durability concerns.

Maybe a move makes sense for a team that's close, like the Nationals who just lost Rendon...but the Rangers have a ton of holes.

I get needing Rangers a 3B and wanting some key FA moves to fill the new ballpark.

But I just don't think 4/$25 for Donaldson is in the Rangers best interest.

Makes for a slow offseason, and probably another disappointing season...but could set them up a lot better next couple off-seasons.

You can be frustrated, but it would be dumb for the Rangers to do 7yrs and $35mm per for Rendon, or 4/$25mm per for Donaldson. If they truly only had one hole in the roster to fill, maybe you gamble, but you just can't when you still need more pitching, one more bat, etc. etc.

Exactly. Beltre was the hole that needed to be filled in 2011 and they took the risk. The 2022 class should be solid as well.