• The KillerFrogs

2019 Season Ticket Upgrade Data

Putt4Purple

I noticed via the seating chart of the football stadium that section 226 is green and available. I'm not planning to sit in that section but was curious as to where the opposing teams band will sit. Section 226 has been the designated section for that. Where will they sit now? What section? Has it changed? Any info on this?

Horned Toad

I recall AD JD posting on Twitter that they would be moved to the upper NW corner of the west side of the stadium were the visitor’s section is already located. Equivalent to were our band sat last time in Austin. He paid attention to the earful he was getting for letting the visiting bands sit in the best acoustic location in the stadium. I think the UT game was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

“Because it’s our stadium!”

ticketfrog123

I recall AD JD posting on Twitter that they would be moved to the upper NW corner of the west side of the stadium were the visitor’s section is already located. Equivalent to were our band sat last time in Austin. He paid attention to the earful he was getting for letting the visiting bands sit in the best acoustic location in the stadium. I think the UT game was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

The east side nosebleeds are the best acoustic location? The sun will wear them out.

I hope they stay on the east side. I think the west side in the shade is more desirable for the fans and annoying for frogs to sit next to the opposing band

Dutch

T C U Froooogs

I have enjoyed the other teams bands for about 50 years. Now we mic our band and play ultra loud piped in noise most of the game. Texas decision was no class. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The answer to no class should be to show class, not stoop to a lower level of behavior. We should do what we do, not panic and act classless. If we are allowing the other team to bring a band, let’s hear it. Better to not allow the other band to come than to be a no class host.

frog-hat

I have enjoyed the other teams bands for about 50 years. Now we mic our band and play ultra loud piped in noise most of the game. Texas decision was no class. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The answer to no class should be to show class, not stoop to a lower level of behavior. We should do what we do, not panic and act classless. If we are allowing the other team to bring a band, let’s hear it. Better to not allow the other band to come than to be a no class host.
Let them eat cake

Horned Toad

The east side nosebleeds are the best acoustic location? The sun will wear them out.

I hope they stay on the east side. I think the west side in the shade is more desirable for the fans and annoying for frogs to sit next to the opposing band
Yes the northeast corner of the stadium positions the visiting band in such away as they acoustically face towards most of the seats in the stadium like they are using a loudspeaker and the 200 level is hardly nosebleed, it’s at the same level as the empty chair back seats for the westside club seats. Our band is positioned to where they face the southwest side 100 section and without amplification 3/4ths of the stadium wouldn’t even hear them. Placing the visiting band in the 400 level of the northwest side of stadium is the nosebleeds and is where a large number of the visitors seats are already allocated. As far as shade that is one of the last sections to get shade during afternoon games.

And Dutch, respectively, I hardly enjoy listening to Boomer Sooner, Fight Raiders Fight, or The Eyes of Texas 100 times a game so I won’t miss that a bit. The Southern and Grambling bands were enjoyable as they played music along with their team songs. Most visiting bands for the larger colleges just play boring fight songs nowadays and drown out our band.

ticketfrog123

Just a curiosity - what are you doing with this info? I read the OP, but you are attempting to project future season PP requirements for upgrading?

Selling it to Russia.

Yes, two things. (1) helping other members see how many points they need to pick renewals / upgrades on a certain day and (2) projecting how many pts you’ll need to (donation dollars) to obtain specific seats.

HFrog12

My giving hasn't changed in years. I go through the process every year and never get the chance to upgrade. But for the first time there are a lot of open seats in sections I have previously coveted. I wonder if this is due to people moving to the new club?

As of now there are a lot of open seats in the armchairs on the west side and lots of armchairs open on the east side 200s. Most all of the seats in the top rows of the east side are gone. I made this move last year in hopes that I would have some protection by the new club. Going to roll the dice and see if that comes to fruition this year. My parking is also on the east side. Making the play for convenience with the young family over much better seats.